Chapter 42

Chapter 42

●●●

Jimin had carried Yoongi to his bed. He was sitting by his side, Yoongi's head resting on his lap, and carefully threading his hands through Yoongi's hair.

He had no idea how many hours had passed. The first weak rays of sunlight fell through the small window located near the gray ceiling, but the room was still pretty dark overall. Yoongi was sound asleep, his breathing steady.

Jimin sighed softly, closing his eyes. He'd been dreading Yoongi's awakening if he was being honest. He knew what an effect his voice could have on people. Especially Yoongi since the boy wasn't the most stable to begin with.

Jimin had sung for exactly three seconds. He had stopped right away when he had noticed that it was affecting Yoongi, but it was too late. He knew. The damage was done. He just hoped he could heal the wounds he had reopened properly. Hopefully for the last time.

Yoongi stirred in his arms and Jimin opened his eyes again, looking down at the boy with fond eyes. The other was moving around a bit, sighing in his sleep. Jimin was on high alert, waiting for any signs of a nightmare. The main reason he was awake right now.

Whenever Jimin stopped singing Yoongi seemed to slip back into that dark place again. And Jimin didn't want Yoongi to have nightmares. Even if he didn't remember, that didn't change anything about the fact that it was pretty damaging.

Luckily Yoongi just moved around a bit before settling back in Jimin's lap, sighing softly. Jimin smiled, running his thumb over Yoongi's cheek. When he heard knocking on the apartment door, his head shot up. Who'd visit them at such an early hour?

Careful not to wake Yoongi he lifted his head off his lap before climbing out of bed and grabbing a sweater that would hide more of his legs than the t-shirt he was wearing did. He almost tripped over a cable lying on the floor but managed to regain his balance, before quickly checking whether Yoongi had heard anything.

Luckily the boy was still sleeping.

When Jimin opened the apartment door, Namjoon was standing outside, drenched in rain, his allegedly water proof jacket clinging to his body.

"What are you doing here?" Jimin asked surprised but whispering, pulling the man inside. He pointed at the door to their bedroom. "Yoongi's asleep, so quiet." He warned before grabbing a towel through the bathroom door and handing it to Namjoon.

"The bad news is I was kicked out of my apartment and I might have to crash at your place for the next week. The good news is I'm finally done with the last finishing touches on his songs. We can upload them soon... could you wake him up?" Namjoon asked, tapping the towel to his forehead before slipping out of the cold wet jacket.

"No waking Yoongi up. He needs some sleep. Do you want tea?" Jimin whispered, pushing Namjoon towards the kitchen. He didn't want to accidentally wake Yoongi up. Namjoon's timing was pretty damn unfortunate if he was being honest.

"Tea sounds great." Jimin closed the door to the room, hoping the walls would filter at least some noise.

"Good. I won't be able to stay here too long though. I could get you some dry clothing and a blanket but I'll go back to sleep soon. You can stay here for now. We'll talk with Yoongi later once he wakes up." He explained, taking a pot and filling it with water, before putting it on the stove.

"Did something happen?" Namjoon asked worriedly. He knew Yoongi. He knew there were bad days.

"He's just not been feeling good in the evening and I don't know how he'll be once he wakes up." Jimin explained, knowing that Namjoon could be trusted.

"I understand. Take your time with him." Namjoon nodded, watching as Jimin prepared a cup and the cheap single use tea bag.

They stood there in silence, while Jimin continued making the tea. Once he was done he turned around to Namjoon. "Do you want sugar or honey with it?"

"Honey please." Namjoon nodded politely and Jimin turned around grabbing honey and adding some to the hot herbal tea.

"There you go." He smiled as he handed Namjoon the cup, who took it carefully, gently blowing on the surface to cool it down. Jimin jogged towards their bedroom where he quickly sent a glance towards Yoongi, checking whether the boy was sleeping peacefully – luckily he was – before moving about as silent as he could while gathering a blanket, a pillow and a complete set of the widest clothes he found in Yoongi's wardrobe for Namjoon.

"There you go." He handed Namjoon the clothes that probably were going to be quite tight anyways, but for now that was better than being soaked in rain. Namjoon silently thanked him.

"I'll go back to the bedroom. Anything else you'll need? If you're thirsty, water bottles are in the fridge. Food is in there as well."

"Okay. Thank you." Namjoon smiled softly before patting Jimin's shoulder. "Especially thanks for taking care of him."

Jimin shook his head. "I'm not taking care of him. We're taking care of each other."

If possible Namjoon's smile got even warmer. "Glad to hear that."

A/N

I love this story and it's progress❤