Surprise?| Jaeyoon(sf9)

"Babe?"

I turned at the tone of his voice to see behind me. Over my shoulder, I peered into the kitchen to find Jaeyoon blocking whatever it was in front of him. His face was contorted as he laughs helplessly.

"What's wrong?" I questioned as I hesitantly got up. I circled around the couch and into the kitchen. When I got closer, he moved so that he no longer blocked the problem. My eyes zeroed in on his wrist that was in the fridge door handle.

"It's stuck," he tells me solemnly, staring me down for any reaction.

I sighed. "How did you do that?" I move to grab at his wrist, twisting and turning it a few times to see how tightly it was caught.

He watches me intently. "I wanted to see if I could open it with my wrists."

I rolled my eyes, adjusting my position and trying again. I could slowly feel his hand getting loose. By the redness of it, it was obvious that it was beginning to hurt, but he didn't say a word.

At least he knows better.

"Do I get to pick my kid's genes?" I asked aloud, pulling one last good yank before his hand popped out. I grabbed it within my own and rubbed at it. "I want them to have my brain," I mumble as I shake my head.

"Your what?"

Startled, my heart immediately dropped. Heat rose to my cheeks as I turn to Jae, hesitant to see his reaction. "Surprise?"

His eyes about popped from his head. "Your pregnant?!" He gasps, taking a large step closer. "How far along? When did you know? Can I name it? Is it a boy?"

I smiled. "Only about a month along, relax. I was planning to tell you in much cuter way though..." I trailed off my words while glancing to the fridge.

He ignored me though. "I'm going to be a dad!"

I nodded, not denying that I was quite happy to see his response to the news. I then proceeded to grab an ice pack from the freezer before handing it to him. "Please stop being dumb."

Jaeyoon pecks my cheek. "No promises!"