~Thirty Four~

Theo's POV

I called Rain again and again but she wasn't answering her phone. I know she's airing me. But I can't seem to lose interest.

She's such a beautiful black girl.

I'm packing my stuff to go and find her. I won't take much because I'm planning on bringing her back but I'm gonna bring a few things, just in case Matt doesn't let me sleep round.

I can't wait to see her, to hold her tight in my arm. To smell her, to see her smile. To feel her afro again. 

I hope she will be happy to see me too.

It's been more than 4 months that I haven't seen her though I've called her less than a month ago.

I take a quick but good shower and get dressed in black jeans, white top and leather jacket. I comb my hair back and spray some apple cinnamon cologne. I grab my bag and toss a few shirts 2 sweatpants, boxers and 2 pairs of socks. I don't forget my toothbrush and toothpaste.

Need to keep that smile white.

I grab my keys and my phone and attempt to call Rain. Still no answer. 

I grab my purse. leave me room and tell Barry that I'll be out a few days. 

Being the best friend he is, he offers me to grab a bite with him in the Institute's dining room.

I sit down facing Barry who was farther away from me

I sit down facing Barry who was farther away from me. The dining table was long and had a TV in front of the window. I come in to see a plate full of bacon, eggs, fries and orange juice in front of me. I sit down and Barry starts.

" So where are you going?" he asks putting a slice of bacon in his mouth.

" I'm heading to Chicago." I answer giving as less detail as possible.

" To?" he says raising his brows.

I roll my eyes " I'm going to see Rain and bring her back home."

" Home?"

" Yeah, bring her back here and ask her to move in Brighton with me."

" Okay? Are you sure that she really wants to see you after what you told me?"

" Look Barry, I'm sure Rain doesn't know about that. And even if she does, what tells you that she believes in that shit."

" Well I don't know, she doesn't answer your calls, she hasn't tried to call you since the last time you called her..."

" Her mom punished her and too her phone."

" For 2 months?"

" You know moms are. Sometimes they can be... so difficult."

"Look T, be careful where you're going okay. And if anything happens call me. I'll answer you. As for Rain, if she doesn't want to talk to you just understand that it doesn't matter and you can find someone else."