Someone Said They Left Together

In a perfect world there are no misunderstandings. There is no bad timing. And there is no such thing as bad luck.

Stan does not live in a perfect world.

So, before he can even think of how to approach the topic of "people think I want to get back with my ex-girlfriend instead of us fucking. Crazy, right?" Kenny tells Kyle first.

"Kyle, my pal, my friend," Kenny says as he sits down next to Kyle at their lunch table. "What's poppin'?"

Kenny leaned heavily onto Kyle and Kyle smiled, "Not much. Thinking about when I'll start the English presentation."

"Laaaaame!" Kenny shouts, wrapping an arm around Kyle's waist and leaning down to whisper to him, "What I really wanna talk about is you and Stan." Kenny wiggles his eyebrows and Kyle blushes.

"What?"

"Y'know," Kenny says, bumping his shoulder against Kyle's, "You're his wingman on operation fuck Testaburger."

"What," Kyle repeats.

"Why are you even helping his get back with her?" Kenny continues, disregarding Kyle's stunned silence, "I get the whole "we're super best friends" thing, but like, aren't you still in love with him or something?"

"He wants to get back with Wendy?" Kyle asks, feeling more heartbroken than ever. A tiny part of his brain whispers that he knew the whole time he was just a rebound.

"You don't have to play dumb with me," Kenny says smiling and waving his finger at Kyle, "Stan told me everything. I had to go into badass mode to make him tell me though. I'm going to help you both with this. I know the perfect person to set you up with, once Stan's back with Wendy."

Kyle stood up from the table, turned and walked away. He needed to take a few deep breaths and calm down. He wanted to punch something and he wanted to cry and eat ice cream at the same time. He was furious, and upset, and disappointed, and heartbroken, and fucking fuming.

Kyle's not stupid though. He wasn't just going to take Kenny's mostly reliable word. He'd have to ask Stan about it. Face it head on while he was still hot about it.