Accidently in Love

Kyle walked over to the football field after school, carrying his physics textbook, so he could study for the test coming up. He was already nervous about even thinking about trying to ask Stan out again, but he was going to try not to think about it too much.

"Hey, Ky!" Kenny shouts as he throws his arm around Kyle's shoulders as they both keep walking. "Gonna watch your boyfriend practice again? Has he given you his class ring yet?" Kenny laughed at his own joke and Kyle rolled his eyes.

"He's not my boyfriend," not yet, "and why would he give me his class ring?"

"Y'know," Kenny says leaning closer to Kyle, "To claim his girl."

"As one does," Kyle said sarcastically. "Speaking of claimed girls, where's Butters?"

Kenny laughed, "Home, his mom picked him up today."

"I see," Kyle says as they begin climbing the stairs on the bleachers. "Are you planning on watching football practice too, now?"

"Can't leave a little lady alone, can I?" Kenny says sitting next to Kyle, "Besides, Stan told me you guys were doing something after school, thought I'd tag along."

Kyle flushes slightly in anger and embarrassment, but he knows he has no right to feel that way. It's not a date. "Yeah. We are."

Kenny eyes Kyle cautiously, sensing his sudden change in mood. "Yeah," he agrees, "Are we planning something about how to get Stan back with Wendy? I haven't heard much about your plan."

Kyle groans slightly, "Can we talk about something else?"

"Uh why?" Kenny asks, leaning back against another bleacher, "I thought you had a plan for this?"

Kyle felt his frustration begin to boil, "I do," Kyle says, evidently lying, "I do. I just don't want to talk about it right now."

Kenny nods slowly, "Okay, dude. Chill."

Kyle glares at Kenny, "Don't tell me to chill."

Kenny laughs slightly, out of nervousness more than anything, "Okay. Sorry."

"It's fine," Kyle says, realizing he's kind of acted like a bitch for no apparent reason, "I just... I don't want to talk about Stan and Wendy-"

"Oh," Kenny interrupts, "I get it. Man, that sucks."

Kyle tilts his head. "What?"

Kenny lowers his voice to a whisper, "You're in love with Stan." Kyle feels his face flood with color, "and he still wants to get back with Wendy. Dude... that explains so much. I'm sorry." Kenny puts his hand on Kyle's shoulder comfortingly, but Kyle can't help but sit there confused.