Fix you ||newt||

It was a normal day filled up with humming birds and Frypan stew's smell

The gladers were still sleeping, everyone.

Except one.

Newt was the second-in-command, a blonde broken brit. He was a good guy, he cared about everyone but himself.
No one knew that he attempted suicide once, only Minho who found him and saved him.

Today it was a normal day, but not to Newt. He was in the gardens when he started to feel something odd. His leg hurt badly, just as his heart. Trapped into those four walls without anybody to rely on.

He uncovered his damaged wrist and looked at it, some tears fell on it and the salt of his own tears hurt him deeply.

"Newt why are you already out here?" Y

, the only girl in the Glade, asked with a furrowed expression while Newt looked up at her wiping his eyes so quickly that he wished she would not realize it.

"Me? Uh, well, I was just preparing some things for today, don't worry about it" he faked a smile.

He was good at faking smiles because he was used to it and no one ever realized it.

Y/n was so stubborn that got closer to him and sit down next to the blonde boy who was hiding his hand behind his back.

"Oh ok, then you don't mind if I just help you with whatever you say you are doing. What are you hiding, by the way?"

"N-nothing, I don't need anyone's help. Just leave" his voice almost cracked. "Please"

Y/n knew that what Newt said had an hidden message. He needed someone to save him from his own misery, from his suicidal attempts and y/n was stubborn. Fortunately.

"Oh really? I don't care. I don't care if you don't need me. I am not going anywhere, I am staying" she slowly tried to reach his hands. "I am staying right here" she whispered looking into his brown eyes.

He finally sighed as some tears escaped from his eyes.

"I am a mess y/n, I really am" he sobbed but suddenly held his breath when y/n brought his wrists to her lips, her gaze still locked into his eyes. She kissed his scars, letting him free, free of the pain he has always known since when he first was put into the glade.

Y/n brought his hand on her heart and  leaned in whispering into his ear.

"There's no mess that can't be fixed. And I'll bloody fix you Isaac Newton. You have my word."

For the first time in a while Newt smiled listening to y/n's heartbeat and sweet words.