WCKD is good ||newt|| pt. 2

A/n: love me loves

Newt's POV.

Tommy and I arrived in front of the door were Teresa and y/n were taken.

I nervously passed an hand through my hair and followed Thomas into the room.
As we got in we saw two stretchers with two unconscious bodies on them. Y/n breathed heavily so I decided to reach her and help her taking off the needle from her arm softly. I helped her, I tried to.

I touched her y/h/c hair and I softly kissed her forehead.

"Newt. Newt!! Stay focused. They can come here any minute by now. We have no time"
Thomas silently yelled to me.

I nodded and took y/n into my arms getting out of the room following Thomas hall after hall, corridor after corridor. We passed by windows and doors 'till we arrived to the main exit door.

Fortunately no one came because Minho knocked out of service cameras and alarms

Fortunately no one came because Minho knocked out of service cameras and alarms. Talking of Minho, that's where we met him with Aris, Winston and Frypan. We got out of there and got our selves into the storm.

I kept y/n into my arms firmly like I was scared that she could slip off my arms. I needed to protect her and I needed to see her eyes.
We saw something that seemed as a safe place and got into it. We discovered it was an old mall and sadness filled my heart as I thought about the flare and how it destroyed our world and my world, the one I knew at least. The one I was keeping into my arms.

I layed her down on an old bed while the others found some provides and new clothes.
I caressed her cheeks softly when she finally opened her eyes. Her y/e/c eyes.

"W-where am I?"

"Hush, we are safe now.. WCKD is just a memory now"

I knew troubles just began but I wanted her to feel safe for a while, I didn't want her to feel sad.

"Newt I- I remember t-things. Things before the maze." Some tears full-filled her eyes. What was wrong?

"And what's the matter, love? What do you remember?" I asked softly.

"I remember that you thought it was all my fault, you told me it was my fault if you were sent up into the maze, you hated me for that. I can hear your exact words, the words you said that afternoon" she sobbed softly. "You told me 'I will never forgive you for what you have done. I hate you' this is what you have told me and you were so right, so so right." She started to cry.

For once in my life I was glad I haven't remembered anything before the maze. I hurt y/n, I hurt her.

"Hey hey hey, calm down. Why would you say that I was right?" I softly touched her hair locks to calm her down.

"B-because I have decided the best subjects to join the maze trials. I have ruined your life, Newt" She kept on crying.

I felt numb. I didn't honestly know what to say or think. The only thing I knew is that she was probably forced by wckd to do that.

"Hey" I finally started taking her face into my hands. "The people we were before the maze, they don't even exist anymore. What count is what we do now and you know what? You helped us, you helped me. You made me a better person. I can see through today and look for a tomorrow, something I was not able to do before you came into that box. When I told you those awful things I was scared, I was just a boy but now I am a man and trust me when I say that I love you more than words could ever describe". I finally whispered "I really love you."

She got closer to me and pushed her lips to mine roughly, as if the world was gonna stop today. She loved me and she expressed all her love and need of forgiveness with that lingering kiss but she didn't realize I forgave her already.

A/n: omg I am becoming a poet. I hope you liked this one, I honestly loved it so much.
More to come! Stay tuned and thanks to everyone who is reading my work! ♥️
-Sara