Chapter 12 • 2004

Aleasha

As I lay next to Danny in bed I thought back to the first time we spent the night together. Although we hadn't been going out for long, by the time December came we had built up a strong relationship with each other and I knew I could trust him enough. It was the day before New Year's Eve and he took me out for a date. We got back to his flat and were stood on his doorstep and I took a deep breath.

"Danny, I need to tell you something." I said, pulling my lips away from his.

"Anything." He whispered, his breath warm on my face.

"I-I'm still a virgin. I was going out with a boy I really liked for two years and every time I told him I wanted it to be him he made up some petty excuse. We broke up before we did anything and you're the first person I've been with since." I said, my voice shaking.

"It's okay, we don't have to rush into anything." He said back, brushing my hair behind my ear as he placed another kiss on my lips.

"But Danny -" I began.

"No, we don't. I don't care when we do it. We've only been going out for a month anyway. We can go at whatever speed you like and won't do anything until both of us are ready."

"No, Danny, I am ready. That's why I'm telling you - I trust you enough for you to know which means I trust you enough to change that for me."

"Really?"

"Really." Then he picked me up and carried me into the bedroom. Minutes later, as he lay next to me, arms wrapped around me and our clothes on the floor while we lay in our underwear, he whispered to me, "Are you sure?" I nodded in reply and we carried on.

•Hope everyone's enjoying the story so far please keep commenting! Thanks •