Chapter 35 • 2007

Dani

I never forgave myself for leaving Danny behind in the tunnels. If I'd stayed behind with him I could have helped him and he wouldn't be in the state he was now. I was sat in the back of an ambulance with Aleasha, on the way to the hospital, and he started crying a little bit. He whispered something but neither of us knew what he said so Aleasha just held his hand and talked to him.

"Danny, it's okay. You're safe. The bank was set on fire and you've been paralysed. We're on the way to the hospital now. Calm down." She said, all in a quiet whisper. I had a blanket round me and the nurse next to me made me have an oxygen mask round my face, but Aleasha was holding me tight so I felt safe. I hadn't felt safe in hours. The last time I felt safe was last night, when I was walking down the road with Mum holding a bag of warm chips and our arms swinging between us. Not since then. Not until now, with Danny sort of safe in front of me and myself safe in Aleasha's arms with people all around me who were going to help us. The fire brigade were still putting out the fire at the bank and the police were out looking for the man who kidnapped me and stabbed Mum. I hoped they found him and gave him what he deserved.

•I know it's not Sunday but I'm thinking maybe uploading two chapters? It's just the last two have been really short so I don't want to bore you...what do you think?•