Chapter 24 • 2005

Aleasha

Two weeks later and Danny and I were still fighting and Diana was still living with us. I'd rearranged my study a bit so that she could stay in there rather than have to make up a bed and sleep on the sofa every night. One night we were tidying up after dinner when she told us she was going to see Tom. Danny and I both stopped what we were doing and looked at her.

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"No. But I'm gonna have to at some point. We need to talk and half my stuff is still at our - his house." Then she picked up her coat, slipped on her trainers and left, leaving Danny and I stood with dirty plates in hand and looking at each other, unsure what to make of it all.

We sat on the sofa with an uncomfortable amount of distance between us that evening as we watched TV. I looked across at Danny and felt a longing ache in my heart. What had happened to us? One simple fight and we couldn't make it through that? I guess we'd never gotten to talk it out. The day after the fight was normally when we'd talk it through. Not that we fought often, just little rows that left us feeling a bit annoyed with each other, but it'd normally be sorted by lunchtime the next day. This time though it was different. Two weeks later and we were still hardly talking to each other. Probably because with Diana we didn't get the opportunity to just let it all out and get it out in the open before we moved on. But surely we didn't have to have a full blow up before we could move on? What was wrong with just a quiet mature conversation where we both admitted we were wrong and sorry and then made up? I didn't know why but I hated it. I missed Danny. More than I did when he went away. Probably because he was there, he was in my reach, yet he was so far away.

Later on I was in my study typing away on my computer and watching dance videos when I heard Danny playing the guitar. At first I just ignored it - it was nothing I wasn't used to. But then he started singing and I listened to the lyrics.

'Sorry's not good enough,

Why are we breaking up?

Cos I didn't treat you right

So please don't go changing

What was I thinking of?

I said you're out of love

So baby don't call this off

Because sorry's not good enough'

He sang it with such passion yet he sang with a pained voice. It was quiet but spoke so loudly to me. I walked down the hall and stood in the doorway to his music room and listened to him playing. I watched how he threw his head back slightly when he sang a higher note and realised this wasn't just a song. It was a message for me. When he finished I walked in and he turned round.

"Aleasha, I really am-" he started but I shut him up with a kiss. He placed his guitar down and wrapped his arms around me as he kissed me back. He held me tight and I held him back.

"I'm sorry Danny. I love you. So much. So, so much." I whispered as our foreheads touched.

"I love you too." He whispered back before pulling me into him and hugging me tight. I squeezed him back and we stayed like that for minutes. I breathed in his scent and ran my fingers over his muscles and bones, taking in all the things I missed most about him. But the thing I missed most was him. Just him. Everything about him.

A couple of hours later we lay in bed holding each other and I had the biggest smile on my face. I knew I missed him but I hadn't realised how much. I even missed just lying here with him, his skin soft against my face. Over the past few hours I'd completely forgotten about Diana until she came back in. I heard the front door open and someone come in and at first I panicked, thinking there was a burglar. But as they banged around with suitcases and bags I realised it wouldn't be and that it was Diana. Then I heard another voice - Tom.

"Diana are you sure you'll be okay?" He asked quietly.

"I'll be fine." She replied.

"Are you sure-"

"I said I'll be fine!" She said louder. "I'll be fine." Then Tom left and Diana entered the study. Not long later I heard her snoring and I dropped off to sleep myself, feeling safe in Danny's arms.

•Okay, a few things guys! First of all I just want to say thanks to everyone who's read so far - this just hit 1k reads! And my other one, 'Love is on the Radio' not long hit 1.6k! Thank you! Second of all, I know they aren't the exact lyrics to Sorry's Not Good Enough I just changed them slightly to fit the situation :) and finally Wattpad is messing up a bit so I can't comment on anything! So I'm really sorry I can't reply to your comments but please don't stop, keep telling me what you think! Thanks 😘•