Chapter 38 • 2009

Aleasha

The next day I sat around the table at Megz and Harry's house with Ruby and Shawny with bridal catalogues strewn across the table and mugs of coffee in hand. She hadn't hesitated in buying a load of magazines and brochures that morning before inviting us round for lunch. She told us all about the proposal while we ate lunch and it sounded so romantic. Harry took her to the 'Hotel d'Amour' in London - the cheesiest restaurant-slash-hotel in London, yet the most romantic place possible in London for a proposal. Danny took me there for one of our anniversaries and the food there was delicious as well. There were fairy lights all around the restaurant and the dinner came served on heart shaped plates and all the dishes were named after cheesy love things, like 'Love-Tower of profiteroles'. They were all awful names but the food was delicious so I didn't complain. When it got to dessert she said Harry got down on one knee and started talking about how much he loved her and so on, then the waiter brought out a cake that had 'Will you marry me?' piped on in blue icing. Then she looked back to Harry and he was holding a ring in his hands - a huge, diamond ring. She of course said yes and as they hugged everyone around them cheered. Megz said it was the most cheesiest proposal ever but at the same time the most romantic.

"How about this one?" Ruby said, pointing to a lovely white dress in one of the magazines.

"Yeah, that's nice, but I like this one better." Shawny said while pointing to one from another magazine.

"Ooh, that one's nice." Megz said as she picked up one from another catalogue. This went on for an hour or two until Megz had narrowed it down to about four.

"I'll keep these in mind and come back to it in a little while. They're all so nice, but who knows, I might find the one when I'm out actually shopping for one rather than just flicking through magazines!" We all agreed with her and poured one final cup of coffee before heading off. I probably shouldn't have had so much because by the time I got back I was absolutely buzzing.

"What's up with you?" Danny asked with a smile when I got in.

"Nothing. Well everything actually. I can't believe Megz and Harry are getting married! What do you think? I reckon Megz will look stunning in her dress. You'll look amazing in your suit. You'll be best man right? Ooh, why don't we get a takeaway for dinner..." I rambled, my mouth moving at a million miles an hour as I bounced around the house, Danny following behind and giggling all the way as he listened to me blabbing all sorts of nonsense.

•I've decided I will upload chapter 38 and 39 today then tomorrow I will upload 40 and the epilogue!! I'm glad you've all enjoyed my story so far because I've really enjoyed writing it. It might be a while before my next one though because I have no idea what to write! But thanks for all your lovely comments and feedback!!•