Chapter 2

"Mate."

When he spoke it was as if the word echoed between us. His deep husky voice was musically appealing, and I couldn't help but to swallow thickly. I allowed my eyes to move from his down to his defined jaw, his dimples still poking inward as he smiled, and his very strong and thick neck which mirrored the rest of his tall muscular body.

"Hi." He said again.

I brought my eyes back to his and smiled back. "Hi." I whispered.

He presented his hand to me. "I'm NamJoon."

I took it and shook it as firmly as possible, clearing my throat. "Y/N." I responded.

Our hands stopped moving but the grip he had on me did not loosen. That can be said both literally and figurtivly.

"I'm not going to lie, I never expected to find you here." He smiled even more.

"How did you know I was here?"

"I could smell you." He said lowly. He leaned forward so that his nose was pressed to the base of my neck. He inhaled softly dragging his nose up my neck. My body shivered at his brief touch and closed my eyes enjoying it. "You smell so sweet." He breathed against my neck.

He pulled up and his eyes met mine. "You do too." I smiled. "It's why I stopped outside your house...it was so strong."

He leaned back and laughed closing his yes. "That's why it was getting consecutively stronger." He opened his eyes. "Were you looking for me?" he smirked.

"I was just going for a run. I didn't realize the sweet scent I smelled was you...I thought it was your pack." I smiled to him.

"Would you like to meet them?"

"Um..." I nervously started to pick at my nails.

"Come on." He said extending his hand again. "They are your pack after all."

I nodded and took his hand. He gently laced his fingers between mine and pulled me into his house. It was elegantly cabiny; wooded trimmings under the walls and around the doors, the walls were painted a warm brown, and the décor was welcoming. I was too distracted by my surroundings to notice another person coming into the foyer.

"Who's this?" He asked making me jump.

I turned and saw another smiling face. Handsome, just like NamJoon.

"My name is Y/N." I reached to shake his hand and he shook mine firmly.

"SeokJin." He smiled. "But Jin is just fine."

"It's nice to meet you." I said pulling my hand back and smiling.

His eyes lingered down between NamJoon and I landing on our intertwined fingers. He raised and eye brow and turned to NamJoon.

"She um...she's...my mate." He responded looking to his brother.

Jin's eyes went wide and we looked back down to our hands and then back to me. A smile spread across his face

"Wow...that was...fast."

"When is this a slow process?" I asked.

I heard NamJoon chuckle and Jin nodded. "You make a good point." He turned to NamJoon. "Do you want me to round them up?"

"No." He replied simply.

He tugged at my hand pulling me further into the house. JaeBum was so worried about me seeing these guys and here I am holding the hand of one of them...the alpha...my mate. His hand was so soft I looked down to our interlocked fingers and I couldn't look away. The Moon Goddess was so gracious to pair me with a man who's hand fit so perfectly with mine. Warm, and soft, he was gentle and so far kind. Such a stunningly handsome man couldn't possibly belong to me...could he?