Chapter 16

When I made it down stairs I was there before NamJoon and everyone was waiting for us at the table. Jungkook wouldn't even look at me, and Yoongi and Jimin were snickering to each other.

"Damn Luna...you alright? Tae asked me.

"Why wouldn't I be?" I asked as I sat next to him.

"I can smell your heat remember...so I um...well...."

My face flushed. "You could smell that?" I looked around the table. "You all could?" I watched a few nods and I groaned placing my elbos on the table in front of me and my head between my palms. "Oooohhhh my god...I didn't know."

"It's okay Luna, you smell sweet."

I blushed even more. "How is it you cant smell each other, or I cant smell you?"

"You're a female." Yoongi said. "Even when males mate with alpha males their heat will trigger eventually, but it's naturally forced. Your heat is just flat out natural...you have had your own smell since you were born. It's just how the body's and heats differ."

"But if heats are for conception, how would males have a heat? Can you carry?"

"Unfortunately no." Jimin sighed looking sad. "It's more to satisfy the alpha. Their dominance and position triggers the process for a heat, it changes our bodies slightly but not enough for male pregnancies. Our bodies change for them."

"And NamJoon?"

"NamJoon being an Alpha Leader, will actually go into a rut four to five times a year. It's similar to your heat but its....its um...it's more intense." He explained. "Yoongi used to have it, but once he joined this pack his rut left him."

"Same with Hoseok." Tae added.

"This happens to only male, alpha leaders." Yoongi continued.

"What is a rut?"

"Well um...you know how you were feeling yesterday?" Jimin started.

"Yeah..."

"Well it's like that." He replied.

"Only 100x worse." Yoongi scoffed. "You will be locked in that basement for days, Jin will have to bring you food and water."

Just as the words came out of his mouth his eyes went wide and Jimin lightly smacked him on his chest.

"So...the basement has to do with his rut?"

"Well...yes and no..."Jimin trailed off as NamJoon entered the dining room.

He greeted everyone and gave smiles, walking over to me and kissing me on my shoulder. He eyed me suspiciously and then chuckled. "Why are you all red?"

"Because..." Jimin started.

"Because they could all smell me." I interrupted not wanting NamJoon to know I had a clue about the basement. "They knew what we were doing based on scent alone...I didn't know that was possible."

"Oh, yeah it happens. It happens every month."

"EVERY MONTH?!" I exclaimed as he sat down at his seat.

"Well yeah...female wolves get heats every month...usually last only a day or two but you being a Luna...there's no telling how long it will last."

"But I feel fine now."

"That's because you just got some..." Yoongi laughed.

"Twice." Jimin said holding up two fingers.

I groaned hiding my face again. "That doesn't bother you all?"

"Not really." Tae said now taking a bite since NamJoon was seated. "It's natural...and eventually it means that you will be giving us little nieces and nephews." He smiled.