Chapter 2: Here to count on

Days went on fast. It's been a month since the senior year started. July means Nutrition month is here.

Glenn was organising the schedule for the inter school competitions while Des and I were appointing which of our classmates who will represent our class in every contests like Nutri jingle— where you sing in a group changing the lyrics of a song into something that will encourage healthy eating bla bla bla. Cookfest- where 3 to 4 students needs to formulate a recipe that's super healthy and yummy. Slogan contest, Drawing and so on..

I was busy writing the names of the participants and their designated competition on the white board when suddenly someone bit me on my right shoulder it was painful enough to startle me, caught me offguard making me almost swear but instead I yelled loudly and found Joseph laughing behind me and said "Oh come on chubbycheeks, that wasn't so hard!" I smacked him hard on his shoulder but my hands were so small he didn't even flinched, asshole.

"Will you please stop doing that? Since when did you become a vampire or should I say a dog?!" I snapped at him rolling my eyes then he pinched both of my cheeks, then wiggled my face back and forth i looked like an idiot for sure.

"I said stop it!! It's not funny anymore!!" I punch him this time hitting him under his left rib he leaned forward with his mouth went "Oh" sounded like he choked. I think I hit him harder more than I shoud but I glared at him seriously to indirectly tell him that i'm dead serious if he wont stop I"ll be very pissed at him.

It's becoming his habit to bite me on my shoulders since we became seatmates. He said my shoulders are chubby though im certain they weren't, but then he admitted to Glenn one day that he liked the smell of my cologne, that I smell like a cotton candy all the time that's why he likes biting me where i spray most of it, my shoulders and my neck. He even said to me one time I should be thankful it wasn't my neck he biting just my fatty shoulders. asshole.

"Okay!! okay i'm sorry! I'm sorry! Little devil!" he continued teasing me while laughing, "I was just distracting you. You're so damn serious. I couldn't concentrate on my slogan. It doesn't suit your chubby face you know. Smile girl!" he irritatedly said it like a gay person then he smiled showing me most of his teeth. I giggled. He really knows when I'm stressed. My sweet bestie.

I hit him softly on his forehead. "I know you idiot! its hard being one of the leaders in this class you know, I have to write this  so we can finally practice the jingle. We only have 4 days left! I can't believe it! This is our last year in high school and I want us to be champions in every competitions this year!." i explained to him while I continued writing on the white board.

He sighed and said "whatever! you're very competitive you know, live a little and enjoy our last year in this school will you?" he answered.

"What can we do? we  have unit tests, even our saturday class for the review of the upcoming college entrance exams. We have thousands of activities to lead lists this year. Our last year. Just suck it in and go with the flow." he added.

I nodded agreeing to him  and continued writing on the board looking at my notebook every now and then and just said "i know right. I couldn't find  time to practice my singing. the next PRISAA competition will be on October and I haven't even listen to my piece yet. My coach will be very pissed at me!" I said in a panic rush tone waving my hands in the air.

Joseph rolled his eyes at me. "Didn't I just mentioned the word chill?" He reiterated.

I sighed, "Okay fine sweet guy, I will have a break after this, only if you will treat me a bottle of ice tea from the cafeteria, deal?." i said then winked at him.