Chapter 10: Time to face the music

"You look lovely honey! Look at you, all grown up. I told you a little haircut will make you even more lovely." Aunt Fely praised as the hairdresser finish cutting my hair.

"Thanks for the treat Aunt Fel. It's a good timing, we have a school program tomorrow. I'm part of the interpretative dance." I thank her.

"Oh. Dancing? How about your singing? Ronnie said you're doing great at your voice lessons. I am so pleased to hear it." she says earnestly.

"Me too. I really am so thankful for all the things youve done for me Aunt Fel." I said

"You're like the daughter I never had Freya darling. Don't mention it. Deya should join us one time. She's a very shy girl isn't she?" she suggested.

"Yeah, she's shy alright." I laugh a little. "She's okay aunt Fel maybe she's not into these things yet, she's still a baby." I answered waving my newly manicured nails and my hair.

Aunt Fel smiled and stood up. "Alright darl, Lets go and grab something to eat before I take you home. I'm famished."

"I would love to." I smiled to her.

Mom wouldnt mind me staying late for as long as I'm with a family. Aunt Fely treats me like her own daughter. Her children are already grown up and are now living abroad. Aunt Fely is a retired professor. She used to teach Psychology. She takes me out once or twice a month and takes me with her to attend some big events. Sometimes she asked me to sing to some of her friends' weddings or birthdays. I never complained. She's very proud of me and it's the least I can do to pay back all her kindness and generosity.

****

"Someone looks so pretty today!" Glenn exclaimed. Selle and Des looked at me.

"You're blooming girl! That's what being in love does to a person. It makes you bloom does't it?" Des winked at me.

"True Freya. I may need to find a man now so I'll bloom like you too!" Selle added.

"Oh sushhh! Selle. You don't need a man. You're pretty with or without!" I said sarcastically.

"Yeah, but its boring though. You know having  no one to talk to at night? Saying I love you and I miss you. Ra ra ra!" she fake a frown.

"As if!!!" The girls and I yelled in unison then we all laughed!

***

"Interpretative dance will start in an hour, may all the participants get ready and gather at the backstage, now." The Emcee announced.

The girls and I were rushing to finish with our make ups in the girl's dressing room. We are already dressed in our costumes, we chose to wear simple but comfy this year. A  white fitted tank  top for the girls and white V neck shirt for the boys, black jeggings and a red cloth wrap around our waist. One of our teacher who's very good at braiding hair was putting my hair in a donut bun  in a hurry when my phone started to ring. It's Neil.

I pressed ignore. Not now. Im freaking out recalling the dance steps on my mind. I can't talk right now. I shoved my phone back in my bag.

"And now. Let's give it up for group number 4, The Seniors!!" the Emcee announced.

Everyone applaused so loudly. I heard the lower years cheering! Cheering each of our names!

Damn! I'm so nervous! Finger's crossed I won't fall. Please God. Please don't let me fall.

As we individually went to our positions in the stage I quickly glanced at the audience. I spotted my sister. She also is a dancer and was wearing a costume. She's looking at me and gave me a wink then mouthed "YOU CAN DO IT". My sweet baby sissy.