Chapter 15: Born to Win

I am standing in front of a huge mirror at this big auditoriums' dressing room. I can't recognize the person I'm staring at. I am full glammed from my hair to my face. I am wearing a red floral tube cocktail dress and a silver stilletos. I just realized how petite I am, good thing I actually have a butt. At least not all of me is flat.

My hair is in big curls. My lips are so red like cherry.  I have false lashes on.
Wow. I looked so mature and so different.
So not me. But I like it.

I was waiting for my turn for the solo act caegory back stage. When Ronnie and Johnson joined me

"You look stunning." Johnson whispered while I was fidgeting with the microphone.

"I dont kow how many times I have said thanks to you since yesterday." I teased him

He just smiled. I catch him looking at me every now and then. The make up artists must've done a good work on my face. Johhson cant take his eyes off me.

Coach took a photo of me. Then another photo with him and Johnson. Then another photo of just me and Johnson. We made faces. We were laughing after.

Johnson too is wearing a red long sleeve shirt, a black coat and a black tie. He looked dashing. He's always neat and preppy but tonight he looked fierced with his hair brushed up.

This is it.
The Emcee called my name.
It's now or Never.
I took  a deep breath.
Shook both of my hands.
Then started to walked slowly up towards the stage.
I was born to do this.
My inner Goddess whispered.
It's Showtime!

🎶🎶🎶Sometimes I am frightened but Im ready to learn. Of the power of Looooooooooooove!🎶🎶🎶

I belt the last song until the backing track finished. I made it.
I reach the highes note of my piece.
I never hit a flat note.
Im elated.
Im so determined to have a perfect performance and I did it!

People started to stand up clapping their hands. Even the judges stood up too. If this is a dream I dont wanna wake up anymore.

I was catching my breath then took a bow which made the crowd applause louder. I walked fast down the stage. I jumped into Coach's embrace, he lifted me up and spinned me around.

"You nailed it!! I'm a proud coach! You are amazing Freya!" Ronnie yelled as he puts me down when Johnson put his arms wide open. I hug him. he praised my performance the same.

"Here. Drink some water. Duet competition is about to start. You guys ready?" Ronnie said.

"Born ready!" Johnson and I said in unison.

*****

Johnson and I walked up the stage holding hands. We're both shaking. We let go of each other when the song started, were in the middle of the spotlight. This is where I belong.

🎶🎶🎶🎶
Me: {looking at the audience}
🎶🎶🎶
Tale as old as time
True as it can be
Barely even friends
Then somebody bends
Unexpectedly
🎶🎶
Johnson: {Looking at the audience then glancing at me every now and then}
🎶🎶🎶
Just a little change
Small to say the least
Both a little scared
Neither one prepared
Beauty and the beast
🎶🎶🎶
Chorus: in harmony 🎶 {we slowly walked towards each other then held hands looking at the audience then glancing at one another in between lyrics}
🎶🎶🎶
Ever just the same
Ever a surprise
Ever as before and ever just as sure as the sun will rise
Ever just the same
Ever a surprise
Ever as before
Ever just as sure
As the sun will rise