Chapter 23: Hand in Hand through Whatever

"Can you pass me a tape up here." Jo asked he was standing on a chair sticking some decorations on the ceiling of our classroom while I was busy doing my lettering for tomorrow's christmas party.

I stood up in annoyance and handed it over to him.

"There's a lot of people here you can ask you know? Not just me." I snap at him.

"Well, youre so freakin into that lettering you've been a snob since this morning." he snap back.

"Urghh. Attention seeker!" I smack him in the arm and went back doing my task.

It's 5 days before Christmas. 4 days before my birthday. Oh and Jo's birthday.

I've been shopping everywhere to find him a great birthday gift but I couldnt find anything special.

I have to give it early because were going away for Christmas.
We're going to my Aunt's place in the City.
While Jo will be staying home and will be catering some relatives who will visit them over the holidays.
He was actually disappointed that we cant be together on our birthdays but he no choice but to understand.
I promised him that when I come back on the 26th. He can finally introduce me to his mom.
That made him happy.

"Hey Freya. Have a look at our schedule for tomorrow's lunch party. I think we need more games. Any ideas?" Glenn handed me over a paper.

"Uhm, You haven't put the newspaper dance." I said as I scanned the paper.

"Oh yeap! Of course! write it down for me will you?" she asked

"Sure. Also, can we just delete this part here where i will be singing. How about we ask Andrea to sing. She have a lovely voice too you know? Give chance to others, perhaps?" I suggested

"Hmm. thats not a bad idea. I'll ask her later. See, you shouldve been my vice president not freakin Noel! Youre much of help than him. Look at him, munching on some chips, playing with his phone while here we are busy decorating our classroom and sorting this schedule for tomorrow!" she exclaimed

"Sshhhh. Come on girl. Chill. We only got 3 months left. Before you even know it, we already graduated. Just go with the flow. Breathe in. Breathe out." I calmed her

"okay. Gosh what would I do without you Freya! Seriously! I wish we can go to the same university and take the same course so we'll be together forever!" she pouted i think she's about to cry.

"Hey, Hey. I'll make sure we'll keep in touch okay! College is where we grow up by finding ourselves and finding new sets of friends but that doesnt mean we're gonna forget our old ones'. No one in this world will replace you, Des and Selle in my heart as my bestfriends, my forever besties!" I squeezed her hand, my eyes are teary.

"Hey you two, having pep talk without me huh!" Selle interrupted jumping behind me and Glenn with her arms on our shoulders.

We all giggled and start talking about tomorrow's agenda.

"Where's Des by the way?" selle scanned the classroom.

"Oh. Yeah. She texted me this morning and said she's not well. Do you wanna go and visit her after class?" Glenn answered

"Sure. I'll text Mom." I answered while Selle nodded.

**********

We've been knocking on Des' House for almost half an hour now but no response.
Glenn continued knocking, I am calling Des' phone while Jeroselle went to look around the house to see any evidence of a person inside.

Suddenly a woman came out of nowhere behind me and Glenn which almost gave us a heart attack.

"No one's home." she said