Chapter 16: Too good to be True

It was the day of the finals. I was able to get through from yesterday's round. It Sunday morning and we're practicing a production. There's only 4 soloists left and 3 pairs in the duet.

Johnson and I also made it to the top 3.

Nikki, Rosita, Zara and I are practicing "When love takes over" by Kelly Rowlands for the opening production number at tonight's show. While the boys are gonna sing "Uptown Funk" by Bruno Mars.

The organizer wants the start the show with a bang through an upbeat song so we need to learn some choreography as well.

We've been rehearsing since 6am. It's lunchtime now and we were sent back to our hotels to freshin' up and come back in an hour to prep.

I can now feel the fatigue since we came here. So far the only thing that keeps me going is the will that I will win this thing.

I won't waste my time being here for being just a runner up. Not gonna happen.

An hour after Im back at the auditorium's dressing room. One person doing my make up, the other one on my hair.

The stylist has given a white silky tank top  with matching high waisted black short pants with glittery beadings all over it. Then a black pumps. Man its super high,  I hope I wo't fall especially for the production number.

"My love can I cut your fringe? I think  you'll look hotter when you have a fringe. I'm not gonna make it that short I promise." Jv the hairstylist said.

"M'kay.. Im not fussy. Just dont make me look like Dora the Explorer." I answered

Both of Jv and the make up artist laughed.

The stylist changed my pumps last minutes into a knee high boots to finished up the look.
I looked in the mirror and Im more different that I was during the prelims.
Jv cut my hair into a bob that is still long enough for me to tie and a fringe.
I agree, I do look better with a fringe.
My make up is darker this time.
Smokey eye with falsies and deep marooned lips.

Im a bit worried with my high waisted shorts.
It's bit too short for me.
I turned around and it's so high up to half of my thighs.
The knee high boots complemented the look though.
the stylist told me this is a trend nowadays.
To make my legs look longer.
He hanged a red coat-like blazer on the cabinet next to my chair for me to put on later for the solo act.
Gosh!
Let's just get this done and over with.
I took a selfie and send it to the girls.

Then texts started to bombard my phone.
I ask Jv to take a whole body shot of me.

I sent it to Jo.
He instantly replied. I read his text.

"Damn! Is that you? Where did my innocent Freya go?"

then another text:

"Win it my love. Im proud of you win or lose! Go get 'em."

then another.

"I love you sexy. I'll see you tomorrow! I cant wait to kiss you!"

I smiled from ear to ear.
Gosh. Im praying this happiness wont stop. I hope this is not too good to be true.
dont jinx it Freya!
Everything is just so perfect right now
please dont make it stop.
I silently prayed.

*****

"We are now down to two amazing contenders! Freya and Nikki, will you please move forward the centre stage as we announced the Champion."

Nikki and I held hands. The crowd was so loud. My hands are shaking. I felt very cold. I feel dizzy and blinded by the spotlight.
Thank goodness for this coat I wore for the solo act.