Chapter 19: Living Young, Wild and Free

"Do you know that I was actually going to your house tonight to give you the necklace and ask you to become my girlfriend? Its a crazy idea I know. But instead you surprised me and came here. The universe has made its own way to make my proposal to be as perfect as I want it to be. Perfect for you." Jo explained.

I can see Glenn's house not far as Jo was pedalling the bike.

"So whats the plan? Do we tell them that we're finally official?" I asked.

"Of course. Why? Are you ashamed of me?" his brows fused

"No! you idiot! ofcourse not. I was just thinking, Neil and I just broke up. You and Steph too. You know.. Gossips and all that. Im kinda afraid our classmates might think I moved on so fast to be dating you straight away. Like, they might think you're a rebound, you know what i mean?" i explained as he stopped the bike and laid it on the same spot we found it.

"Okayyyyy my love. If you say so, but if someone asks me. I won't deny that you're mine now. Never!" he answered grininning.

*****

It was already 8pm when we came back to the party.
The crowd was doubled.
Loud upbeat sound playing.
People dancing on the dance floor set up in the middle of the garden, little white bulbs lights sorrounding it.
A big disco light hanging in the middle.
I saw a small stage set up on the side of the dance floor.
A beatbox, a guitar with amplifier and a microphone on a stand together with the Dj and the sound system.
I wonder if there's a band performing?

Glenn really made an effort for tonight's party.
Well, that wont hurt her parents' bank account since they own this massive land, my boyfriend and I just strolled via bicycle ride for almost 2 hours.

glenn's mom called Jo and I inside to sit down in the dining room and have dinner with her. Mom's glenn is like a mom to me and my girlfriends. She knew I was hospitalized and very thankful for coming still just for her daughter's special day.

Jo was feeding me the whole time were seated in the dining room. I'm lliterally like a baby. His baby.

I just smiled even though deep inside I want to puke all the food I ate.

I heard Glenn's voice in the microphone so Jo and I ran outside. She's at the stage in front of a table, a huge birthday cake in the middle with 17 candles lit up. Her mom and her sisters joined her.

"Good evening Everyone! I— Umm. Firstly I wanna thank you all for coming tonight to celebrate with me. I want to thank my awesome Mom who organized this amazing party. I love you Mom. To my classmates who are in complete attendance tonight. My friends from church and other schools. My relatives that are here as well. And lastly I wanna thank my 3 bestfriends Selle, Des and Freya for being always with me. I dont think I would've survived the last 3 1/2 years in high school without you guys! Tonight, I just want everyone to have fun, to enjoy and to dance all night! This is my last year celebrating my birthday in high school so let's make it something to remember.  To my classmates, we only have 6 months left in high school so lets make this night count, yeah?!!" Glenn yelled then blows her candles.

we all whistled and clapped for her.

Loud music took over.

🎶🎶We are young🎶🎶🎶

the song started playing on the speakers so loud.
I spotted Des and Selle laughing dragging each other towards the dance floor so I ran to grab Glenn from the little stage to join the two. Our classmates and the rest of crowd joined too.