Chapter 20 - The After Math.

Emma's pov

I opened my eyes to see myself staring at the bright blue sky, deja vu? I think not, I was covered with a gray blanket. My head throbbed of pain and my body felt weak, I slowly sat up. Glancing at my surroundings, I was on top of the wall. " Your awake! " A smiling blond haired coconut came running towards me, am I alive? " Don't worry Em, your alive. " I ran my fingers together, running my hands through my tangled hair. " Your alive! " I stood up happily, pulling Armin into a huge hug. A bright smile plastered on my face. " They used the injection on you! " Armin nodded, I was alive, so was Armin!B-but where is everyone else? " So your up. " The deep intimidating voice of Levi brought me and Armin away from are hug fest. I glanced at Levi, he looked pretty rough. Levi then shot a flare in the sky, probably telling everyone I was finally awake. How long has it been? A day? A few hours? My mind then flooded of the thoughts of what happened before I fell off the roof. I looked away, from my body being happy to becoming sad in a matter of seconds. I awaited everyone's appearances, I took a seat on the side of the wall, staring off into the distance. More like scanning of whats left of Shiganshina. Most of the houses were torched up by Bertholdt, mostly rubble and blood were there for eyes view. From what was my beautiful hometown was now an ancient destroyed memory, no one could ever look at Wall Maria the same without having memories of the horror that happened here.

Not to mention we just added to the horror, we lost almost the who Scouting Legion. So many people have lost their lives here, It just didn't feel the same. " What are you thinking about? " Levi's voice had taken me out of my worrying trance, I glanced at him before looking back at the houses. " Even if we brought back Shiganshina, why does it feel like, like we didn't accomplish anything. We lost almost everyone in the Scouting Legion. I finally fulfilled my purpose, that I just don't feel like I have a purpose anymore. " He stay'd quiet, nothing uttered between us. "When you were fighting over the injection with Eren, you said not to let your feeling bias you. But y-you were gonna give the injection to Erwin, was it just because he was the commander o-or, because he was your best friend? " Levi stay'd quiet, his head tilted down, honestly if I had the decision I would chose my best friend, it's not like I have any other family left. I can't blame him, the decision would be tearing me apart as well. I got up, patting him shoulder before walking away, I knew I had said something wrong. " Your awake! " Eren came running towards me, crushing me into a strong hold. " Don't you ever scare me like that! You wanna know how worried I was! " Even if Eren's the big brother he acts like dad  always in check on me and is strict as heck, but yet he always managed to act like a child at some points.

" Thanks to Mikasa, she gave you a concussion! Say your sorry! " Eren punched Mikasa in the arm, yelling at her in the process. " I'm sorry, I acted so badly. " She muttered, she focused her vision on the ground before adjusting her scarf. " So like there's only ten of us left. " Eren scratched his head, chuckling nervously. " Ten? " He nodded, he pointed behind me. I turned my body, everyone that survived stood there. From what were hundreds that came was now deducted to ten. Eren, Mikasa, Armin, Sasha, Connie, Jean, Floch, Hanije, Levi and me.

We all sat down, they explained everything. Armin now having the power to transform, Hanije being the new commander and the key to the basement. I was ready, to finally go back home, well kinda ready. " You ready? " Eren asked, he glanced at me as we continued walking toward the destroyed house. I nodded slightly, he smiled worryingly, taking my hand in his. I glanced at are interlocked hands before pulling him into a hug. " Thank you for everything. " He went silent then replied back. " Your my little sister, I'd do anything for you. " He tightened the hug, we pulled away. Are eyes instantly interlocking on the house, the one we once called home. Mikasa , Eren and I glanced at one another. I could just see are small figured running towards the house 6 years ago. The nightmares still haunt me, are pleads to Hannes from taking us away. My wails and the blood that shed when others were killed behind are eyes. " Why doesn't this feel real? " I whispered.

" Mom! Why can't we go down in the basement! " Both Eren and I were pleading to enter the basement, it was off limits. " Because your fathers very important work tools are down there. "
~
" Hey dad , when are you gonna show me the basement. " Eren had asked, I wanted to know too! I was just as curious as my idiot brother!
~
I could hear all the conversation's about the basement replaying in my head. " Looks like it didn't flood. " We managed to move all the rubble away from the basement entrance. I looked around the rubble we once called home, I took one look at it before walking down the stairs to the basement. Soon meant with a dark oak door, the door held all the secrets to humanity. What lied behind it, I don't know but I think were about to find out.
Thats the end! Bye my Unicorns XOXO