Chapter 21 - What lied in the basement.

Emma's pov 

Getting into the basement was quite easy, well for Levi. He kicked open the oak door due to the fact the key Eren had wasn't the right key to open the door. Behind the door was my fathers work space, it had a whole bunch of doctor like things. It was also covered in a deep coat of dust and spider webs, how gross. Everything in the room was related to medicine and doctor related things, a huge bookshelf dedicated to the study of medicine. " Emma look it! " Eren held out a small stuffed bear. It was Berry! " Dad was suppose to fix him, I guess he never got around to it. " The bear was missing an eye, a coat of dust fixed in his brown fur. I smiled at the small bear, holding it in my grasp before hugging it. " Eren! There's a keyhole here. " Mikasa pointed at the keyhole that was hidden by the side of his counter. How strange. We all glanced at one another before Eren inserted the key into the keyhole, it fit perfectly. We all breathed in before Eren opened the drawer, nothing inside. " Look closer, it's a false bottom. " I rolled my eyes, of course dad thought of that. 

Inside the hidden drawer was three books, that must've been what we were looking for. Eren took out the first book, hesitating before attempting to open the cover. I instantly put my hand over his, he glanced at me worryingly. I nodded to him before we opened the diary together. The first page held a picture, wait it had to be a picture. It looked to detailed for any human to have drawn it. Eren held the picture in his hands, I looked over at the picture, it was odd. 
" This is not an illustration. "  Written on the back of the picture, in my father's hand writing. 
The picture was a lady holding her son, what made it look like my dad standing aside. 

Grisha's pov" Hurry Fay! We wont be able to see it if we don't hurry!"  Me and my sister Fay wanted to go see the blimps! We were about to leave the house when mom stopped us

Grisha's pov
" Hurry Fay! We wont be able to see it if we don't hurry!"  Me and my sister Fay wanted to go see the blimps! We were about to leave the house when mom stopped us. " Didn't I tell you to always have your armbands on when you go outside. Grisha, you must absolutely not go past the walls okay? "  Mom slipped on are armbands before we left the house, ' Don'
t go past the walls' got it!  That day in my youth when I was forced to face the truth of the world. 
" Wow! How do those things fly! " Fay had said, we looked up at the flying blimp. " It's full of hydrogen, that's how it floats. I heard that batteries are used to power the propeller. " Fay was as curious as I was about the flying machine. " Who's inside it?  " Fay asked. " Someone rich of course. " Fay stared up at the flying machine that was now landing, giggling at it. " I wonder if I'll be able to ride a blimp if I become rich some day. " How would she become rich? " It seems nice, I wonder what you can see from up there. "  We both watched the blimp go over the wall, it probably landed by now. I smiled before taking Fay's hand. " Come on Fay! " 

" My teacher said that the blimps take off and land somewhere not too far from here. Let's go see it! " I dragged Fay beyond the wall, I wanted to see the blimp take off! " But mom said we couldn't go past the walls. " As we were running we heard the yelling of a security guard. We were in the rich people town, everyone was so rude. They pushed us around, called us names. We ran up a hill, we saw the blimp being taken into a type of warehouse. " It's so big! " Fay said happily, I smiled at my younger sister. " Came to see the blimp too? " I muttered a small yes before actually realizing who I talked to, it was a security guard. " You're from the Liberio interment zone aren't you? Show me your exit permit. " I panicked, digging around it my pockets before stuttered out. " I-i don't have one! " The men got up from their relaxed state. "So you entered the city without authorization? You know what that means for you right? " The guy crouched in front of me, what was I gonna do! " Which will it be, labor or punishment? " Fay was scared, I could feel her shaking behind me as she held a grip on my shirt. " Hmm, don't want to cause a trouble for your parents huh? " I'm the big brother, I had to protect Fay. " I forced my sister to come here with me, punish me instead! " The man smirked wickedly before responding  with an all right. The cop grabbed the collar of my shirt before kicking me in the gut, it hurt, a lot. 
"You're merciless Kruger, c'mon little girl. let's get you home first. " I couldn't breathe, all I seen was the cop take away Fay. That was the last time I seen her, alive. "It was smart of you to keep your arm bands on. Any Eldian that takes theirs off our here get's sent straight to Utopia, even kids like you. 
When I got home, my little sister wasn't around. 
She was found in the river the next day. 

About 1,830 years ago, are ancestor. Ymir Fritz, made a contract with the devil of all earth to gain power. The power of the titans. After her death, Ymir's soul was split into nine titans who built the empire of Eldia. Eldia was a great ancient nation that destroyed Marley and came to rule the continent. 
That's when the dark ages began.
The subjects of Ymir who had gained the power to turn into titans, designated all other people and races as inferior and began to oppress them. They stole away their land and possessions, wiping many lines out for eternity. Eldians forced other people to have their children, so that their would be more subjects of Ymir. This ethnic cleansing lasted for around 1,700 years. Eldia's arrogance grew to know no limits  but the people of the once great nation of Marley began to plot against them within they were able to incite a civil war, weakening Eldia. Not only that, they were able to put seven of the nine titans under their control, and were victorious in the great titan war, 80 years ago. King Fritz was left only with the Island of Paradise, and there he built three layers of walls before escaping there with his people. But not all of them, we non-Marleyan Eldians that remained were abandoned by them and left on this continent. Normally it wouldn't have been surprising if Marley decided to eradicate us all, given are position. But the very fact we think that must be because we're descendants of devils. The tolerant people of Marley did not kill us, they gave us land we could live off of. 
Our ancestors were heinous criminals. They believed in eugenics and committed ethnic cleanings, devils blood runs through are bodies. 

The underground anti establishment group known as. The Eldia Restorationists took note of these two points and came to recruit me. My sister, Fay was murdered by a man in the Marley Authorities. I made a vow, I had to teach them who the true devils were, what are ancestors has were right. If we wanted to set the world right once more, we had to bring Eldia back to power. 
Our ancestor Ymir awakened to the power of the titans, cultivated the waste lands, built are roads, and constructed bridges between the mountains. In other words, it was wealth that are ancestor Ymir brought to mankind. She enriched people and developed the continent. All the history they taught us in schools were all delusions to make Marley look good. Although the Owl's brought us someone else, a woman. " My name is Dina Fritz, I am a descendant of the royal family. "

There was a branch of the royal family that refused to to flee to the island at the end of the great titan war and stayed on the continent. She was now the only descendant of that group. Her family waited for the day Eldia rose again and lived in hiding inside the internment zone, together with the knowledge of titans held by the royal family. The founding titan, which King Fritz took with him inside the walls was the key to Eldia's restoration. The founding titan has the ability to rule and control all other titans. If we got that power we could destroy Marley once and for all. " We'll take back the founding titan from the king who abandoned us and fled inside those walls. "

Dina and I were married next year, and were blessed with a baby boy, His name was Zeke. A child with royal blood.

" The Marley government has decided to gather warriors of Marley from among you. The subjects of Ymir. We will spend years selecting warriors from internment zones around the continent. Healthy boys and girls from ages five to seven will be gathered as potential warriors. From these warriors must be worthy of inheriting  the seven titans now under the Marley governments control. " That thought had us in a big conversation, the Marley government were trying to enter the walls to retake the founding titan. And if they succeeded then Eldia will never rule again. " We'll make my son Zeke, into one of Marley's warriors. " Around the time my son turned seven, he betrayed me and wife to the Marley government. The Eldia revivalists were all sent to Utopia , doomed to become man eating titans that wandered the Island of Paradise for eternity. The beginning of the unthinkable tragedy, where Eldians eat their own kind.  

We were taken upon boat, to the Island of Paradise. After unthinkable torture was placed upon us we were finally taken to deaths plate. A wall near the ocean, aliened with soldiers and Eldians. I watched as my fellow comrades, my wife even was through into the den. Turning into a mad eating titan, the titan still haunts me. The smiling titan that took over Dina. The man before me was the same man who fed my sister to the dogs, she was only eight. I finally excepted my fate, I was to be turned. I was about to be turned and pushed in before the other guard pushed the one who killed my sister into the den. He got ate by the titan who was just recently turned. The guard, he was the owl. He turned at me before slicing his hand with a blade. " Remember this is how you use the titan's power. " All I could remember was the bodies the titan had squashed, they all looked like squashed fruit before they were throw into the ocean. " Owl who are you? "

" My name is Eren Kruger. " That name was how I remembered him, he was a subject of Ymir. A holder of one of the 9 titan powers, he entrusted it in me. But one catch. " Whoever inherits the power of the titans will die in 13 years. " Each one of the  9 titans has a name. The one I inherited, then passed on. " It's name, The Attack Titan. "

That's the end! I now I was shook as fuck and still slightly confused but oh well! 
Which side are you routing for by the way?
Eldians? 
Marleys? 
Well that's it! Bye my Unicorns XOXO