Chapter 6 - The 57th Expedition

Emma's pov

" It's officially begun the 57th recon mission , scouts move on! " Commander Erwin yelled ,  we followed Captain Levi on the horses. I watched as some of the scouts attacked the on going titans , it was kinda fascinating yet scary at the same time. I tore my eyes away from the titans and continued onward. " Long range formation let's go! " Erwin yelled , I followed the others to are position , I really should have listened to the formations. I kept my horse following the squad as I watched some flares go off , not just any flares , red ones. I remembered the red ones meaning titans were spotted , after a few red were spotted then a green smoke signal went off meaning a change in direction. After a few minutes I had to tare my eyes away from the pure horror , already scouts were getting eaten and I was here told not to engage on the ongoing titans. I kept staring ahead trying to block out the shrill screams of the victims of the titans.

" Black smoke? An abnormal? " Eren widened his eyes at the smoke , I knew things weren't feeling right. " Emma fire the signal! " I looked at Captain before digging in my bag and brought out a black flare which I launched in the air. I kept glancing at the smoke , worried fulled my eyes as the only thing I kept thinking , were my friends okay?  We kept moving on the horses yet I was worried about everyone else in the scouts , I hope everyone's okay , what is this abnormal.  Things were kinda silent the only thing we heard was the galloping of are horses , it made my palms sweat while memories fulled my mind of Shiganshina. I tried blinking away all the memories and focused on moving forward , my mind became fulled of fear as we entered the forest of giant trees.  

All of this made me feel nervous , were in a forest fulled with trees. The trees were huge , it was frankly impossible to see a titan. " Eren shh. " I said , he started bickering with the Captain , although he was kinda right the Captain isn't one to fight with. We continued on for a few minutes until everything had fallen apart. " Blade drawn now, I'll happen in the blink of an eye be ready. " I grabbed my blade , holding it in my hand. I tried so hard not to look back where I heard loud thumping , then I heard the loud screaming of scouts I held my hand up to my mouth covering it from letting me make a single sound. I attempted to keep my cool as everyone in are squad stared at it in horror , I didn't get one single look at it for my own sanity yet I could tell it was on are tails. "Everyone started screaming to take that thing out , I closed my eyes and clenched my fist, this screaming made me feel terrified. " Everyone cover your ears now. " Captain had said , I did as told and covered my ears as he let of a smoke signal.

He then started lecturing us about the squad. " This squad's mission is to keep these brats alive , whatever the cost. " This whole situation made me feel bad , I couldn't help others in need yet I'm here getting treated like I'm a child , I don't have the amazing powers like Eren so I'm here just keeping up with everyone's bullshit. " Eren stop looking behind us please! " I yelled ,my body was shaking just like how it is when I wake up from one of my nightmares. I could tell on Eren's face he had enough when another scout was killed , he put his sword back and stuck up his hand ready to bite. " Eren no! " I yelled , he gave me a look while he opened his mouth to bite. " Eren not only will you kill yourself but you'll kill me too , don't do it.  " He gave me another look with a frown. " You should listen to your sister Yeager. " Levi had said , I rolled my eyes as the others started yelling at him to stop as well. I smiled slightly at the squad as they said they are special in their own way , they said we need to trust them but we already did. They showed off their bites they made just days ago.

Flash Back

" Here Eren I'll get that for yah. " I reached down for the spoon Eren dropped on the floor as he reached for it as well , he flinched when he first touched it  as he used his hand he constantly bit on. " No I'll get it. " We both touched the spoon at the same time before a strike of lighting fell down from the sky and the huge boom making me fly into the trunk of a tree. I coughed loudly and hissed at the sudden pain coming from my arm , that was until I seen Eren , he had a huge titan arm connected to his small frame. " Calm down , this situation is complicated now calm down. " I heard Levi say , I watched as the four of them hold out their swords ready to attack. "Emma are you okay! " Eren started pulling on the arm while staring into my direction , I held up a thumb and said. " Just peachy. " I let out a groan and rubbed the back of my head , still sitting against the tree trunk. I heard a scream of happiness from the distance , and oh well I knew that scream too well. In came running Hanije who started smiling creepily and running even faster. "Ereeeennnnn I wanna touch the arm , I wanna touch the arm!!!! "