Chapter 24 - " An unwanted relationship. "

The past few days went by in a blur, nothing at all exciting happened. It was paperwork, lunch, paperwork, dinner and more paperwork. It was quite hard to even find someone throughout the huge base, only ten of us were here and the base was about 10,000 square feet. During the time I started reading a new book, shocker right? I wasn't even big on reading, but being in this base without doing anything will make me wanna feed myself to the Titans. The book was a cheesy romance novel, it wasn't amazing but It had to do. I found it in Levi's office when I was hanging out in there, he seemed to like romances novels so I might as well give it a try. I was currently sitting on a tree branch on one of the trees, it was actually pretty comfortable. I had a cup of water with me as I continued to read the book. Eren, Mikasa, and Armin were in the dining hall with Jean and Hanije. 

Levi was continuing to stress about all of his paperwork, which meant I couldn't hang out with him again. He got severely stressed when I was there too, I either bothered him when I was in there or it bothered him when I wasn't  He even yelled at me to leave the other day, frankly because I knocked over a few books on his bookshelf and he got irritated by the noise. Hanije was no player on the matter either, she completely liked the silence when working on her paperwork. " What are you doing up there? " I looked down at the ground, Floch looked up at me. " Shouldn't you be avoiding me, since you know I punched you in front of everyone. " 

He chuckled before climbing the tree and sitting across from me on the branch. " I fully deserve that punch, I'm sorry for dragging you and your siblings under the bus. " I giggled slightly and looked up from my book, closing it in the process. He just smiled at me, I rolled my eyes with a smile on my face as well. " I guess I'm sorry as well. " He breathed out and looked up at me. " Uh, h-hows your head? " I chuckled and took a sip from my water. " Better than before, fully head again, uh, I think. " I wondered why he wanted to speak with me, after all these days. " So uh, what are you reading? " He took a glance at the navy colored book, I looked down at the book in my hand then back up at him. 

" Uh, just some cheesy romance novel, nothing really big. I found it in Levi's office. " I handed the book to him, he took it from my hand and turned over the back. He read the summary on the back before laughing. " Really! A book about an unwanted relationship between an aristocrat and a peasant! " I opened my mouth and widened my eyes, I burst out in laughter and grabbed the book before hitting him in the knee with it. " Don't say, peasant! That sounds mean! " He burst out in laughed and huddled over to clutch his stomach. 

From far, Levi could see the whole interaction through his window. His dear Emma laughing with the one brat she punched, he could feel the jealousy waver through him. Perhaps it was his own fault, he focused way too much on the paperwork and not her, he even had the audacity to yell at her for knocking over a couple books. How selfish was that? He let his own compulsive thoughts take over the one person that ever cared for him and that caused him to lash out. He was angry with himself, after the night. The one when he told Emma everything about his old life, how he was a thug in the underground, how his best friends, family even were killed before his own eyes. After, he seemed to push her away, he didn't want her pity, but he also needed her love. He was feeling lonely, not only did the scout's sacrifices take a toll on the Survey Corps, it took a toll on him as well. He was there to watch the scouts die, and there to watch one of his good friends die before his own eyes. He was so weak when trying to choose who to pick during the fight for the injection, he didn't choose Armin because of the whining brats, he chose Armin for Emma. 

He couldn't see Emma so sad from the loss of her friend, but also choosing Armin would help humanity. Perhaps he should have told her that before treating her like shit for the past few days and now flirting with a brat she didn't know, he could not admit it, he was extremely jealous. 

That's the end for now, how do you think about this?
I wanna hear all the tea! 
And like Flosch? What do you think of him?
Well, that's that bye my unicorns! XOXO