Chapter 2

People were screaming as the shakes got worse and the captain came over the radio, saying that we going through bad turbulence and not to panic. In the next instance the plane tilted and dropped out of the sky. The nose was pointed nearly straight down.

People were screaming and yelling out. Some even started praying. Stuff were flying through the air and I thought this was the end. After what felt like an eternity, the pilot was able to gain control and the plane started to right itself again. Not even a minute later the plane tilted again and did a nose dive and everyone braced for the impact as the plane just fell out of the sky and the water came closer.

As the plane hits the water, I hit my head and saw black spots infront of me. I could hear someone call out to me and lift my head. I saw Matt infront of me and he was busy unbuckling my safety belt.

"Maddie, listen to me, we need to get out of here. The plane broke apart so I don't know how long this part of the plane would take to sink."

I nod my head at him and together we made it to an opening and got out. I could hear people screaming inside the plane and looked at Matt. "We have to go back and help these people out Matt, otherwise they will all die." We swam back and checked on the people that was still alive and tried to get out all of them, then got away from the plane.

I look around us and saw the most welcoming sight while floating on the water. Luckily the sun haven't gone down yet, so it was easy to see around us. I start pointing to the shore and some of the other people must of seen it as well as we swam. A few times I could feel myself go underneath the water, as the shore was a distance away. My headache was killing me and my body was tired, but I was pulled up and dragged above the water.

I open my eyes and start coughing. My chest was hurting like hell and I had a massive headache. I lift my head slowly and take in the area. Matt were lying next to me on the sand, his eyes close. "Matt... Matt, wake up, Matt. He didn't move so I started panicking and force my body to his and shake him. "Matt, wake up..." Tears formed in my eyes as I thought he was dead, but then he starts coughing and looked up.

"Oh thank God, you alive," I say through tears. We both sat up and look at the devastation around us. People were sitting in shock and some were crying out in pain. We both looked back at the water and saw that the aircraft has broken apart and there was still people in the water who needed help.

I jumped up and looked at Matt. We need to get these people out of the water as some of them is not strong enough to make it to shore. Immediately he got up and we went back into the water to help people get closer to the shore, then went back to help some more people. I could feel the muscles in my body hurting like hell, but could not give up.

After hours of getting people to safety, I collapsed on the sand for a short while, then force my body to get up. I look around me at all the people and start doing a quick count and there was just over eighty people, which means that over a hundred people was still missing or dead. That's when I realise that Conner isn't amongst these people. I look back towards the water and saw that the front part of the plane is completely gone. As panic sets in, I calmed myself. He could still be alive and might of swam out further down with more survivors.

"I can't start panicking now, there's people here that is alive, but some of them is in serious need of help," I whisper to myself. I start walking between the people and those who wasn't in need of  medical attention, I send to the ones who needs help. Lucky for us, there was a young female doctor between the survivors, who jumped into action to help out. She started barking orders for assistance from them to help with the injured.

I walk to the front of the woods to gather pieces of wood, so that we can somehow make a fire. Lucky for me, mom always believed that even if you a girl, that you should learn from a young age to survive, that's why I was send on survival camps when I was still in school. Tears formed in my eyes thinking of her. Since her passing, dad was not the same, that's what got him into trouble.

I hear someone behind me and wiped my eyes quickly and saw Matt. "Its gonna be fine Maddie, we gonna find Conner, don't you worry."

"Its not only Conner that I'm worried about. Its getting dark and we need to start a fire. We can worry about shelter and food tomorrow." We walk to an area on the beach, then Matt said that he would get the fire going, while we get the people closer.

I didn't argue with him as I start calling out to people to move closer to where we gonna have the fire. I was so surprise to see the fire already going and Matt smiled at me. "Boys scouts," he says to me and I fell down on my knees close to him and as the fire got bigger, I feel my body drift off and I was asleep in no time.