Chapter 36

I hold on to Conner while he kisses me with so
much passion, that my knees nearly collapsed under me. We only break apart when we hear lots of cheering and whistles from the others. I feel myself blush and Conner chuckle. "Mmmm...I wouldn't mind getting greeted like this all the time.

I step out of his arms shyly and held my head down. "I was worried about you. Where have you been all this time." Conner pulls me back into his arms and kissed me again. He pulls away slowly and groaned. "I'm sorry for being away from you for so long, but I was working on something. I know I have stuffed up so many times in my life, but this time I wanna make things right."

He looks down at the bag on the ground, the one he had with him when he came down to the beach. He looks at me again. "Baby, would you excuse me for just a minute." Before I could say anything, he picked up the bag and walked to where Matt was sitting. I see him handing Matt the bag and they had a quick conversation, then he walks back to me. I watched him and saw that he was looking slightly nervous. He reached me and take my hand in his. 

"Do you mind if we walk for a while. I would like to talk to you about some things." I nod my head and followed him down the beach, away from the others. I was feeling nervous myself now. We were a distance away from the other people, but I could hear the singing and Matt playing the guitar. Conner stopped walking and looked at me and asked if I'm not tired or anything, so I assured him that I was fine.

"Maddie, I don't know where to begin, so I will start at the beginning. The day my secretary told me that you were standing in my front office, I thought that I would just put you in your place and get rid of you, but the moment you opened your mouth and told me in a few words that you not interested in me and stormed out of my office, I was intrigue. No one has ever spoken to me like that. I just knew I had to have you. I wasn't willing to just let you go and when my parents told me that evening that I have to settle down and proof that I can be a family man, I don't know what came over me, but I told them that I already have someone in my life whom I'm planning to marry. At first they thought I was joking, so I told them who you were and apparently mom knew you very well, so they were ecstatic."

I looked at Conner with my mouth hanging open. He told his parents about the marriage, even before he told me. I see Conner taking his jacket off and spread it on the sand, before helping me to sit down. He joins me on the sand and takes my hand. "I'm sorry that I had to force you into this wedding, but as I told you before, the contract means nothing to me. I'm not giving you up. I have to admit, I was mad as hell when you asked me some of the money in advance, I really thought that you were just another gold digger."

I open my mouth to say something to him, but he stopped me with a quick kiss. "I know the truth now sweetheart, but at the time I wasn't thinking straight. I remember the times Matt used to come visit and I wanted to kill him for putting a smile on your face, but Matt being Matt just laughed in my face when I told him to stay away from you. I started realising that my feelings have changed toward you and the money didn't matter anymore. Stupid me didn't know how to make things right, so I thought if I buy you something you would like, maybe you won't leave me. I was hoping that you would give me another chance."

I move my body a bit, so I could look up at Conner. I reach out and touch his face. "Conner, don't you know that I love you for who you are. I don't need pretty things to show my love to you." Conner reached out and pulled me onto his lap and kissed me deeply before pulling away. "I know that now baby. I was just so consumed with jealousy that I stuffed up everything. When I saw you that day in the hotel lobby and you were standing in Matt's arms, I felt like killing both of you. I know I have said some hateful things which I didn't mean and I'm so sorry. I will spend the rest of my life to make it up to you. All I ask is that you would give us a chance to proof to you just how much I love you."

For answer I pulled him to me and kiss him softly on the lips, but he deepens the kiss and after a few minutes, we were both shaking. Conner pulls away and I moaned, which made him laugh. "It's close to midnight sweetheart, so let's join the other survivors, as I have something special for you all."