Chapter 28

Two weeks has gone by after the incident with Conner and everyday I feel like puking  at random times. I know for a fact now that I'm pregnant and that's another thing to worry about, as we don't have the facilities here to help through childbirth.  What if there comes complications.

Conner still watch me sometimes, but whenever he saw my eyes on him, he looks away. I could see the sadness in his eyes, but how do you make things right if a man believes what he wants to. How long will it take for him to insult me again and what will his reaction be if I have to tell him about the baby. No, I can't take the chance to tell him now, as I don't wanna be with him for our babies sake.

I'm sitting outside with the rest of the survivors, having breakfast. My breakfast of course was some melon and a orange. I've noticed that my stomach is a bit weak in the mornings, so I know I won't be able to eat anything else without puking. Hannah came to sit next to me and I see that she has the same stuff on her plate as me.

While eating, she leans towards me. "So when are you gonna tell him about the baby." I choke on a piece of melon so she hits my back lightly and asked if I'm ok. I nod my head slowly and looked at her. "How...how did you know about my pregnancy." She smiles and told me that she knows these things and didn't study as a doctor for nothing and she saw the changes in me.

We sit in silence for a moment, then I look at Hannah again. "Hannah, you do realise if we don't get off this island by the time I go into labour, that I will need someone to help me through this." She takes my hand into hers and smiled. "I will always be there for you Maddie, you have become part of my family." Tears came to my eyes and I hugged her.

We eat our fruit again in silence, until she starts talking again. "Maddie, I know its none of my business, but is there no way you and your husband can work things out between the two of you. Everyone can see that both of you are unhappy." I give a humourless laugh at her words. "Don't you think I have tried Hannah. Conner is forever telling me off. The men is to scared to even speak to me, as he wants to attack them. Ben is the only one that wouldn't back off."

Hannah laughs, "yeah Ben nearly got a punch from Matt as well, just because he played with my hair and I had to tell him the truth about Ben." My jaw dropped at that. "You mean...you know." She nods her head. "Yeah, unfortunately I had to find out the horrible way. I went for a walk about a month after we crashed and found him and Ashton busy doing the naughty." 

I was laughing so hard, as image's were going through my mind of Hannah seeing them in that position. She carries on by telling me that they saw her, but carried on with what they were doing. Oh gosh, now I won't be able to get the image out of my head. I looked up and saw that Conner was watching me with a longing look, so I look down quickly.

"Sooo... You and Matt mmm." Hannah turned red in the face. "I know, at first I thought that you guys have a thing going on, but Matt told me that you like a sister to him and that he care's for both you and Conner." I nod my head again and got up with my now empty plate. "Yeah, he does care about the both of us, but I'm happy that Matt found someone as special as you."

After breakfast Ben, Ashton and another guy went with me down to the beach. Today we gonna try and catch some crayfish and crabs. While busy by the water, I nearly lost my balance as I was laughing at Ben and Ashton. Ben grabbed me before I could fall and at that moment Conner decided to join us.

"What did I tell you about touching my wife," he growls out to Ben. At that moment Ashton steps closer and asked if there was a problem, so Ben turned towards him. "No babes, nothing is wrong, except for Maddie's hubby who gets a bit possessive sometimes. Gee, I won't mind if you get all possessive with me like that."

I was so close to burst out into fits of laughter when I saw the shocked look on Conner's face while he looks between the two men. I bet he never saw that one coming. I turn away and carried on with what I was doing and I hear Conner asking Ben if he could help with anything. I prayed that Ben would decline his help, but of course luck was not on my side. We worked side by side until Ben suggest that we should take a break.

A/N:
Hi guys, please comment and tell me what you think of my book so far and don't forget to vote.