Chapter 39

Conner walked with me back to my room after we spoke to everyone and helped me get back into bed. We sit and talk for a while over the things we wanna do now that we off the island, when we heard a commotion outside and Conner got up to investigate.

In the next instance the door opens and I see my dad standing there. I jumped off the bed and ran into his arms. "Daddy, I've missed you so much." He looks at me from head to toe. "Oh sweetheart, its so good to see you. I've missed you so much. Are you sure you ok." I laugh through my tears and assured him that I was fine. Just then Conner's parents walked into the room and they looked ten years older. His parents both cried while holding on to their son.

A short while later they let go of him and came to my side. They took me into their arms and cried again. "Mom, dad, you overwhelming Maddie, give her some space to breath." His parents both apologised and asked me if I'm ok. Now that both our parents are here, it would be the perfect opportunity to share our news, so I pulled Conner to me and whispered in his ear. He nods and we turn to our parent's.

"We actually have some news for you. Maddie and I are having a baby." The look on our parents faces were actually comical. It was as if they didn't realize what we saying at first, but when our words sunk in, they all started shouting out in joy.

Our parents started asking us about the plane crash and our lives on the island, but neither of us really wanted to talk about it and they understood immediately and changed the subject. We talked about the baby and they wanted to know if everything was ok and if the doctors examined me yet. I got off the bed a short while later and we walked out into the passage to introduce our parents to the rest of the survivors, but outside in the hallway was complete chaos.

Conner's dad stepped forward and said that he will go find out what all the fuss was about. We stood there, not knowing what else to do and some of the survivors came into the hallway as well to see why people were shouting and calling out people's names. The doctors and nurses tried to calm them down and said that they will know the answers to their questions soon.

That's when my eyes caught one lonely young woman standing to one side, looking like she would faint anytime. I look at her face properly and a sob broke from me. Conner looks down at me worriedly and asked me if I'm ok, but I shake my head at him with tears in my eyes. "The girl standing over there is Megan, Jakes daughter."

Conner takes me in his arms and asked me if I was ready to go and meet her and the only thing I could do was nod my head at him. Our parents tried to ask questions, but Conner just told them that this was not the time and they let it go. "Baby, give me a few minutes and I will get her to come to your room to give you guys some privacy" and again I nod my head. I see him walking towards Megan and he said her few words to her, before pointing to me.

I turn and walked back into my room, feeling nervous and sad to be the one to break the news to her. The door opens and I see her standing awkward just inside the room and walk towards her. I take her hand and introduced myself. "I know you are wondering why my husband brought you to my room." She nods and I continue nervously. "Jake was on the same flight as us. I had the chance to get to know him and he told me so much about you, that it feels as if I already know you."

Megan looks into my eyes and ask me the question I've dreaded the most. "If dad was on the same flight, where is he now. Why can't I go see him. Tears came to my eyes as I looked at her. "Megan, I'm so sorry, Jake died on the island after we had a massive storm." Her body nearly gave in under her, but I grab her and helped her to one of the chairs inside the room.

We started talking and I told her everything about what Jake told me and his life on the island. I told her how close I was to Jake, that he was like a father to me. We were both crying the more I told her. I got off the chair and went to the bag I kept and start taking the things out. "Your dad wanted me to give these things to you." She looks at the frames and smiled when she sees the frame with a house on it. She starts telling me that this was their lake house where they used to spend most of their time together when her mom was still alive, but her dad also had two other properties.

I touch the chain around my neck and showed it to her, telling her that Jake gave it to me right before he past away. Hours went by while we talked and got to know each other. Conner knocked on the door and came in with some food for us, telling me that I have to eat something. We exchange phone numbers before she left that evening and I make her promise that she would come see me again, as I would love to get to know her.

That evening I sat on my hospital bed and looked at the chain around my neck. "I kept my promise Jake, I've met Megan and I just know we gonna be friends for life."

A/N:

Hi everyone, so this was the last chapter of my book. The next chapter would be the Epilogue. I hope you have enjoyed my book. Please don't stop voting and comments welcome.