Chapter 34

Conner took my hand and we make our way back to the campside a few hours later. I've told him my reasons for keeping the baby a secret from him.

Just before we reached the others, he stopped and looked at me. "Maddie, did you mean what you said while sitting at Jake's grave. Do you really love me." I pulled him to me and kissed him deeply. "Yes Conner, I love you with my heart and soul. You are my everything." He bends his head towards me and kissed me again.

"Maddie, I love you so much baby and I will love our child with my heart. You are my everything, but there is something I'm keeping from you as well." I looked at him confused. What could he be hiding from me. He must of seen the look on my face, because he pulls me to him. "Baby, I still mean everything I said to you, but what I'm keeping from you is actually a surprise and I hope to have it ready by Christmas, which is only three days away."

I sigh and smiled at him. "If it is a surprise, then I'm ok with it, as long as we don't keep any more secrets from each other." He smiles and we walk further. We walk into the camp hand in hand and then Ben just have to crack one of his jokes. "Hi everyone, just so you all know, mister possessive is back." Conner shows Ben the finger, which had everyone laughing and then he made me sit down to rest for a while.

By nightfall he made sure that I had something to eat, but unfortunately my stomach could only handle some fruit at that moment. It was while we all sat close to the fire joking around that the baby decided to kick, so I take Conner's hand and put it over my stomach. The look on his face when he felt his baby's first kick, is something I would treasure for the rest of my life.

Ben and Ashton walked towards us, as well as Matt and Hannah. "We wanna feel the baby kick as well," Ben said to Conner. "The hell you will. Another man is not touching my wife." He puts his arms around me and pulled me closer to him. "Only Hanna is allowed to touch Maddie, as she is her doctor while we on the island." At that moment I found Conner so adorable that I had to reach out and kiss his lips.

"Conner, they won't do anything to me, all they want is to feel the baby kick. Remember that I'm yours only." He sulks like a little boy and said a quick ok and I smiled up at him. The guys were on their knees immediately and reached out to touch my belly. There hands were not even a minute on my stomach when Conner told them its enough. "But the baby didn't even kick yet," Matt says to him. "I don't care, you have touched her long enough."

I reached up and kiss Conner and that is when I feel my baby, so I take the guys hands and put it on the spot. The looks on their faces was to sweet, until Conner takes their hands off me. "If you wanna feel a baby kick, then I suggest you get your own baby, but this one is only mine."

I couldn't help but laugh at the look on their faces. They get up from the ground and Ben looks at Conner. "You sure need help with your jealousy my friend." He then turns to me and winked. "Babes, if your hubby gets to possessive, you more than welcome to come and sleep between me and Ashton."

At his words Conner made to get up and I stopped him quickly. "Conner, look at me, Ben is only teasing you. You know he isn't interested in woman. "But honeybunch, Ashton and I would go straight for you and peanut."

At this Conner breaks free from me and went for Ben, but Ben being like a naughty child, laughs and ran away. "I got up quickly and went to Conner. "Don't let Ben get to you like that Conner. He was only teasing you because he knows he gets a reaction from you. I am only yours, don't you know it." Conner was still trying to get his jealousy under control, so I touch his face and made him turn to me.

"Conner, listen to me. If you loose your temper everytime a guy looks at me, it would destroy our relationship. I told you before, learn to trust me. I love you and only you." He looks into my eyes, then pulls me into his arms lightly. "I'm so sorry baby, I'm truly sorry. I'm trying my best to get my emotions under control. I know that Ben enjoys baiting me, but that's not what's driving me crazy. I'm just so scared of loosing you."

I push lightly against his chest and he looks at me confused. "That's not enough Conner, if you want this to work between us, you need to control your emotions. I can't take the chance of me or the baby getting hurt because of your temper." The look on his face was utter shock and tears came to his eyes. "I will never hurt you or my baby, never. You are my life and I will always protect you." I walk back into his arms. "I know Conner, but prove to me that I don't need to tense up everytime you get one of your temper tantrums."