Chapter 16

We've decided to pick some fruit on our way back, so the guys check all the traps first and Ben puts up more traps in different places. We found some more rabbits and even a wild pig and when Ben joined us again, he was very excited, showing us some ostrich eggs that he found. He told us that he found about ten ostriches wandering around where he put up the new traps and is hoping to catch some of them.

When we reach the waterfall, we all decided to take a dip. I had on some denim shorts and a loose top with a pair of boots. All the clothes is from what we found inside the many suitcases, so I took off the boots and got into the water and oh gosh, it felt like heaven.

The guys plays around in the water for a bit and I joined in with the fun. After a while they got out of the water, knowing that I wanna bath myself. They've moved away and turned their backs. Only Matt stays close-by, in case there was any danger,  but his back was also turned to me.

I've brought some of Conner's soap, so I strip down and wash myself quickly, my eyes on the men the whole time to make sure that they not peeking. I got out and wrap a towel around me and put on another loose shirt, some shorts and while putting my boots on I laugh when I thought of something.

"What's so funny," I hear from Matt. I called out to them that they can turn around as I'm fully dressed and they collect all the bottles to fill before we go. Matt was still watching me, probably waiting for an answer.

"I was just thinking of how Conner would of reacted if he saw me in the water playing around with you guys. He would of probably ripped you all apart." I laugh again.

"Maddie, you need to understand why Conner is the way he is. When he was younger, his parents tried their best to be there for him, but was busy running the company, so he was brought up by nannies who spoiled him so much. They would let him get away with anything. As Conner got older, he worked his butt off to prove to his parents that he could make the company a bigger success.  Woman started dating him for the family name, but when they found out that his dad wasn't planning on signing the company over to him that easily, they left him for a better catch. I'm not trying to make excuses for him, but Conner became bitter over the years because of that. I was as shocked as everyone else when he announced out of the blue that he was getting married."

I look at Matt with big eyes. "He's parents seemed to love him a lot. I saw how they were with him and Conner can't treat me like crap because other's used him. I can't share the rest of my life with someone who only sees me as a gold digger. I didn't ask for any of this and if he can't respect or trust me, I don't see a future for us."

"I understand Maddie and I would never suggest that you should take his crap, all I'm asking is for you to give him a chance. Everyone can see that he is crazy about you, I mean damn, the guy is totally whipped over you. Put down some ground rules, so that he understands what you want in life. Maybe, just maybe you guys can make it work and I know you care about him a lot as well."

On our way back, we picked some more oranges and decide to take a different path back to the campside and couldn't believe our luck when we found rows and rows of pineapple trees with massive pineapples on it. We also found some more chickens. Happy with our finding, we made our way to camp.

Everyone was excited when we got back and helped sort out all the food. Conner stood to one side, his eyes following every move I make, but didn't say anything. I think it was because of our argument this morning. That evening we all gathered together around the fire and I made plans with some of them for the youngster's birthday the next day. Matt told me that he has cleared a spot where we will have a small party and we decided to put the pig on a stick and grill it over the open fire for the party.

I look over at Conner and saw him looking at me, so I excused myself from the rest and walked over to him. "I don't know about you, but I'm off to bed, so are you coming." He looked up quickly and looked at me with those big eyes.

"Do you...I mean, are we sleeping in the same hut." I smiled, "well, unless you wanna sleep outside." In the next instance he was on his feet with a big smile. "Your wish is my command, my lady.

A/N:

Hi guys, please don't forget to vote and to follow me.