Chapter 30

"If we work it out correctly, you should be just over three month pregnant," Hannah says to me. "At least I haven't had any sickness in the last week, which is such a relieve."

Ben, Hannah and Matt has forbid me to do any hunting with the guys and even stopped me from fishing with them. I don't really mind, as I don't wanna harm the baby in any way, so I help around the camp with the cleaning and cooking. "So when are you telling Conner about the baby." I sigh and knew that I have to tell him, but on the other hand, I'm scared that he don't wanna be part of our babies life.

"I will tell him soon Hannah, but what if he don't want the baby, what if he says that the baby is not his." She snorts at my words. "Maddie, you will never know if you keep stalling like this. Talk to him and if he rejects you, then I will find you someone else that will love you unconditionally. We will then see how he feels about that."

I see Conner coming down the beach towards us and told Hannah in a hushed tone not to say anything. She gets up off the sand and said that she would see me later before walking away. I see her greeting Conner and he greets her back. As she walks past him, she turns back to me and puts her arms around herself and made a kissy face. I feel the laughter bubbling up inside me, so I look down quickly. Damn this Hannah, its all the times she spends with Matt that's rubbing off on her.

I look up when his shadow fell over me. "Hi...do you mind if I join you." I smiled up at him. "Why don't we walk down the beach for a while, as I sure need the exercise." He nods and held his hand out for me to take. He didn't let go after helping me up, so I just left my hand in his as we stroll down the beach.

"I see that you feeling much better." I faltered in my steps, then looked at him quickly and asked what he meant. "Um..I mean I haven't seen you getting sick these last few days, so I guess whatever you had, was over." I walk further and thought to myself that he is gonna realise sooner or later and like Hannah said to me, he would want to hear it from me, but how can I tell him the truth if I don't know where I stand with him.

"Conner, what is gonna happen when we get off this island. I mean, in just over three month our contract will come to an end and the deal was that we would both go our separate ways. So what is the use to have a fling of some sort while we here. Also, if we never get rescued and be together, how long will it take you to accuse me of cheating again. I can't handle any more of your outburst, so we need to talk about everything or just forget about each other."

Conner pulls me to him so fast that I nearly lost my balance. "Maddie, don't ever say that we should forget about each other. I know I have been the biggest pain in the ass, but I'm really trying here. I don't give a crap about the contract, I've told you that before. You are the one I wanna spend my life with."

He touch my face lightly while looking into my eyes. "Maddie, I won't say that I will stop my jealousy, but I'm really trying here. For years I had woman falling over their feet to be with me, until I realised that the company money was what's important to them. In the beginning I though that you were exactly the same as them, but it was because I didn't know the truth, until it was nearly to late. Don't you get it Maddie, I'm head over heels in love with you and I can't imagine my life without you. I know I have said some horrible things to you, but please, I'm begging you, give us a chance."

Tears came to my eyes as I listen to him. Wait, did he just say that he is in love with me. I look into his eyes again and see the sincerity there. "I can't promise you anything for now Conner, but I will give you a chance and see how it goes before thinking of getting serious again."

As answer, he pulls me closer and touched his lips to mine lightly, so I deepen the kiss. I won't tell him about the baby right now, I first need time to see how things go.

A/N:
Please don't forget to vote and to follow me, alsocomments welcome.