Chapter 10

The rest of the day I kept myself busy. We cleaned all the chairs that washed out from the plane, then some of the men build a few more shelters from branches and pieces of wood as well as parts of the plane. We then put the chairs inside the shelters as they would make better beds than the hard ground.

We have finished for the day and everyone was exhausted. The woman around camp helped me give out some water and fruit to everyone while some of the men made the rabbits and we could eat it with some rice we found on the plane. I look around to make sure everyone had some beverage, then my eyes caught Conner who was sitting to one side, pain clearly on his face as he rubs his leg.

Instinct took over, so I picked up one of the first-aid kits we have, as well as water and a orange, then walked towards him, but of course Matt had to find the situation pretty amusing when I pass him as he were standing there with a grin on his face.

"Sooo, are we going soft on hubby bear now. The idiot is so blind, that he can't even see what's infront of him," Matt says to me and I stop walking and turned to him. "Matt, while we on this island, the injured people needs our help. I was just gonna check his wound."

Matt looks pass me, then a big smile came on his face and he walks closer to me. He reached out and touch the side of my face lightly. "You know what, you a good person and Conner must be blind not to see it."

I smile up at him and gave him a quick hug before walking to Conner. I hear Matt's laugh behind me, but ignore him. As I came closer to Conner, our eyes met and I could swear that I saw hurt on his face, but he quickly looked down. I went onto my knees before him and looked at his leg. I take the bandage off slowly and felt that it was soaked. It must of been when Conner went all macho down at the water.

I clean around the wound lightly and see him wince in pain. It was while I put clean dressing on that I feel his hand over mine and I pulled away quickly and searched his face. "Do you love him Maddie," he asked me so softly that I thought I was imagining it, but when I looked into his eyes, I saw a serious expression there. Why would he even ask me a question like that.

I look into his eyes for a few more seconds, then start packing everything back into the container and took out some tablets and looked back at Conner. "Are you allergic to anything," I ask and he shakes his head. "Good, take these tablets now," I said and gave him a bottle of water. I get up from the sand and stood for a few seconds looking at him. "Why would you care about my feelings Conner. I'm nothing to you, you made that clear enough."

I turn away from him and as I walk away I hear him say. "That's where you wrong Maddie, I care more than you think." I freeze on the spot for a second. What does he mean by that. Luckily I was saved from my thoughts by Hannah.

"Maddie, some of us wants to go to the waterfall to wash and to collect more water before dark. We wanted to know if you would like to join us."

I smiled at her and said that I would love to and that I just needed five minutes to collect a few things. I walk to where the suitcases were and scratch around until I found Conner's bag and I opened it. I took out one of his shorts and a long-sleeve shirt, then walk toward him. "We found your bag and I hope you don't mind, but I took the soaps and Shampoo's for everyone to use, but I left one of each in your bag for your own use.

He nods his head at me and when I gave his bag, he searched through it quickly and I notice his hand go over the jewelry box and he sighs. "Um... I took some of your things to wear, as we haven't found my bag yet." He looks up quickly and our eyes met, then the biggest smile appears on his face.

"You more than welcome, my beautiful wife," he whispers and shock-waves went through my body. I turn away quickly and walked to where Hannah and a group of people were waiting.

A/N:

Hi everyone, please vote for my book and follow me. Comments welcome and do share my book with other readers.