Chapter 14

HALEY'S P.O.V.

I was walking back to the dorm after spending the night at Cal's. Holy shit last night was amazing. We finally had sex and it was just ... wow. I love him so much. Losing my virginity to him is the best decision I have ever made. I can't wait to tell Krys because I tell her almost everything.

We've become so close these past couple months and she's becoming my best friend. I know that we can trust each other with everything and plus Cal told me about Luke asking Krystal to be his girlfriend so I need to hear everything.

I was trying to find the key to the room and when I found it I could hear sobs coming from inside the room. I wonder what was happening. Was it something Luke did?

Guess I should walk in to see what's going on. I opened the door and saw something I never thought I would ever see in my life. My best friend holding a razor blade in her hand while she cuts into her skin with blood dripping down her arm. The only thing that I could do was drop my keys in shock and I could feel my eyes become filled with tears as I just looked at my best friend looking at me with tear stained cheeks and blood on her arm.

My instinct was to run over and put a towel on her arm and clean up the blood and that is exactly what I did.

I didn't even bother asking her why. I just helped her clean up and then called Luke as I did it.

"Hello?" he said raspy into the phone.

"Luke you need to get to the dorm room right now. RIGHT FUCKING NOW" I screamed into the phone before I hung up.

A few minutes later Luke walked in while seeing me clean up Krystal's wrists and he just stood there. Looking at them both as they stared deeply into each other's eyes.

LUKE'S P.O.V.

When I got off the phone with Haley it sounded like something was wrong. So i put on my sweatpants and t-shirt. I got in my car and drove to their dorm room and ran in there as fast as I could.

I walked in there to see my Krystal with tear stained cheeks and red puffy eyes with a razor blade in her hand. Haley was in front of her cleaning her wrists. But why? Did Krystal cut? No she wouldn't. She would never. She isn't like that. Or was she. She never told me anything about that.

I had no idea how I felt. I felt horrible. All I could do was run up to her and pull her i to a hug while she flinched since i grabbed her tightly.

I looked at her wrist after releasing from our hug. I started seeing tears roll down my face now noticing that I was crying. She started crying too and that's when Haley left us alone to go find some more stuff to clean Krystal's wrist.

The first words that came out of my mouth were

"Why babe?"

"There's something I need to tell you" She mumbled about to cry again.

I nod and listen to her. She tells me everything. From bullying to starving herself to fainting to hospital beds to cutting to therapy. I couldn't hold it back anymore. My lovely perfect girlfriend was hurting inside. I couldn't believe it. I thought she was happy but it turns out that people aren't as happy as they are on the inside. She was hurting and I just needed to be there.

When she told me everything I pulled her onto my lap and told her that she doesn't need to do this to herself. She has a loving family and amazing friends and mostly me. She nodded and cried into my shirt as I rocked her and noticed as her sobs quieted down and I fell asleep with her on top of me.

KRYSTAL'S P.O.V. (next week)

It's been a week since Luke and Haley found out about my scars and about me. They have been watching me like hawks making sure I was okay. I mean I was getting better and my mom said there wasn't a funeral. She cremated my father and kept him in the home in a box. It was the right thing to do I guess but I wanted to see him one last time.

I've been spending my nights with Luke at his apartment and he makes me a lot happier. He's been making me breakfast and taking me on amazing dates and we've been hanging out a lot with everybody and it's been making me feel a lot better knowing I have such loving and caring people in my life.

Later that night I climbed into bed and fell asleep but not that quickly. I was still half awake just waiting for Luke. When I felt him climb into the bed I heard him whisper something near me

"I love you Krystal Jacobson"

He loves me. He loves me. He FUCKING LOVES ME. I can't believe it. I want to tell him I love him too but I don't think I was supposed to hear it. So I was going to wait for the perfect moment. And I know it's going to come soon. I just can't wait to tell him because I know he's going to catch me.