It is time...

Normal POV~

How could he forget? How could he forget that today was the day? How could he forget that his father today will be dying? That he would be crowned Pharaoh soon? Atem didn't come to Yami like he said, instead he cried on the bed his almost dead father was on. Before he could die, he told his son this, once again.

"Don't cry son, you must be strong. Me dying shouldn't have you weaken, my death should make you stronger. You will be crowned Pharaoh soon, and for that, you must be strong." Aknamkanon said, wiping the tears that fell from his son's eyes.

"Yes, father," Atem said, wiping his own tears when the hand was removed from his face.

"I want you to take this," Aknamkanon said, placing his hand on the millennium puzzle he wore. As he took his last breath, he whispered "Goodbye, son..", before laying still.

Atem stayed there for a while longer, trying to stop the tears falling from his eyes. However, he stood up, gently lifted his father's head, and took off the puzzle. He put on the millennium puzzle on and then left. He should be getting back to Yami now, he must be sleeping. Since it was almost morning once again.

As he entered his chamber, he saw Yami sleeping. Snuggling to the sheets, still dressed. Maybe he fell asleep from waiting for him. Smiling, he took off his crown and millennium puzzle and placed them on the nightstand next to the bed. Then took off his tunic and hung it. After that, he crawled into bed with Yami and fell asleep shortly after hugging him.

Morning~

Atem woke up, feeling the rays of the sun hit him. Looking in front of him, he saw Yami still sleeping next to him, cuddling him as he continued embracing him. Hearing Yami breathing in and out softly, calmed him. It made him feel a bit better about the situation that happened just a few hours ago. He gently leaned down and kissed Yami's forehead softly, before standing up and walking to his wardrobe to change. Upon feeling the warmth missing, Yami gave out a muffled groan and tried to find it. Not finding it, he slowly woke up.

"Até..." Yami whispered, seeing his boyfriend putting on his crown. Atem smiled at him.

"You're awake now, Yami," Atem said, walking to Yami while he rubbed his eyes to clear the blurriness.

"What happened last night Atem? Why didn't you come?" Yami asked, looking at Atem as his gaze fell a bit. However, it came back up to look into his eyes.

"Forgive me, I just forgot that last night was the day my father would die. I'll be crowned Pharaoh soon." Atem said, holding back his tears that threatened to fall. Yami stood up, walked up to him, and hugged him. His smaller arms going around Atem's slightly broader waist.

"I know what it feels like to lose a family member, I know how you feel. If you need to, let out your emotions. It's appropriate in times like this." Yami said, resting his head on Atem's chest. After Yami said those words, Atem let some of his tears fall, wetting Yami's soft hair as he laid his cheek on it. Both stayed like that for a minute, before the two pulled apart, looking at each other's faces. Yami leaned up and gently kissed away the tear that fell from Atem's eye, before softly kissing him. Atem replied to the kiss quickly. This was another reason he loved Yami, he could calm him down in a matter of seconds, and he wouldn't judge him for anything. He wouldn't even judge him if he cried, because everyone cries at least once or twice in their lifetime.

When the kiss broke, the two rested their foreheads together. As they both stared into each other's eyes. Rose-red connecting with crimson-amethyst.

"I love you, Yami," Atem said, catching his breath.

"I love you too, Atem," Yami said. The two kissed each other once again.

That afternoon Atem has been crowned Pharaoh. Yami was with him the whole time, watching him from the side. Smiling at him as the ceremony began. It consisted of some girls dancing as entertainment, foods for all the people who were there. And some music from the instruments. Atem did escape from the small feast to go outside in the garden, it had been a long afternoon and Ra was about to leave their world. Apparently, Yami saw him go outside and followed him. As he stepped outside quietly, he observed as Atem sat on a large rock, looking up at the sky.

"Still a bit upset?" Yami asked him, sitting next to him. Atem nodded.

"Being a prince was hard, now being a Pharaoh has a big responsibility, as my father said. I wish he could still guide me." Atem said.

"Well, you have that millennium puzzle your father gave you. Maybe that will help you." Yami said, pointing the puzzle hanging around Atem's neck.

"I guess you have a point,"  Atem said

"Come to think of it, your millennium puzzle looks like the charm Malik gave me. But I don't know why I don't have it. I could've sworn I was wearing it." Yami said, gasping shortly after.

"Oh no! Thinking about that charm reminded me of Oreo! Is he ok!?" Yami exclaimed. Atem chuckled.

"He'll be ok. He'll live as long as you're alive. I made him be like that, so he can stay with you as long as you live." Atem said, earing a smile from Yami.

"Thank you, I was worried since I don't think I put out for him his food or water. Well, at least he'll-" Yami said, but was interrupted by loud screaming coming from the palace. The two looked at each other, before standing up and running in. They were met with a horridness sight, two figures were attacking the people. One with a bow and arrow, the other with a dagger in each hand.

"Protect the Pharaoh guards!" Some priest shouted, and the guards immediately went to Atem, to protect him. Yami looked at the figures, who looked awfully familiar. He was about to run to them but was stopped by Atem.

"Where are you going?" Atem asked him, Yami looked at him.

"They look familiar, I want to see who they are!" Yami said, Atem tightened his hold.

"It's too dangerous for you," Atem said, Yami stopped his position.

"Fine.." He said, Atem let go of his arm.

"Now stay here where you could be- Yami!" Atem yelled, seeing as Yami took his chance and ran to one of the figures, who was killing an innocent woman with the dagger, the person's eyes glowing. He took a step further and saw it was someone he didn't think would ever do this. Bakura...

"Bakura! What do you think you're doing!" Yami yelled out to him. Bakura took out the dagger from out from the woman's shoulder and smirked at Yami.

"Wonderful to see you, Yami..."

To Be Continued~

__________________________

Hello everybody, how are you doing? I'm sorry for leaving it on a cliffhanger. I wanted to leave the action for the next chapter. I'm sure you know how I am, I love to leave stuff for the next chapter. The ceremony was like in the actual Yu-Gi-Oh! version. I just added some touches to it and here it is. But anyway next chapter, "Not me". Well, can't say anything. You'll figure out for yourselves!

See you in the next chapter bye!

Saiyan Duelist