Duel for you life, literally...

Normal POV~

"What do you say Pharaoh? This duel for the two souls? Or would you rather reject this and let the souls wonder?" 'Akefia' said, Atem didn't have to think before he responded.

"I accept the duel, but in one condition." Atem declared, they nodded.

"And what is that condition?" 'Bakura' asked

"That you keep your word. If I win, Akefia's and Bakura's souls come back to their bodies. If you guys win, you'll only take my soul. Don't take Yami's." Atem said, narrowing his eyes.

"Oh, so you are bringing him, then that won't be able to work. You see, the people who enter a Shadow Duel. They can't keep the rules away from them. We'll have to take his soul as well. We can't keep that small portion of your condition." 'Akefia' said, Atem's eyes twitched. When did that change? He sighed, then responded.

"I accept..." Atem said. 'Akefia' and 'Bakura' smiled.

"Great! We'll meet up wherever you want!" They said

"We'll go in the desert tomorrow, where we could be alone. Now leave." Atem said, about to walk away.

"See you Pharaoh," The twosome said, then walking away. Atem sighed, he never backed away from a challenge. If it included Yami's life, however, he has to think twice. He walked back to his room and removed the seal. He walked in to find Yami still sleeping, now he had a bad thought. How Yami could look like this when his soul would maybe be taken away from him.

He didn't mind of changing out of his clothes, he just took off his crown and millennium puzzle, and laid down next to Yami. Softly rubbing the almost done healing wound, then falling asleep.

***

"Atem! Don't! If you summon that card then we'll lose!" Yami yelled to Atem, Atem just shook his head

"Don't worry Yami, this card will help us" Atem said, about to summon the card. Yami stopped him by grabbing his arm

"Please Atem, I know what it does..." Yami pleaded. Atem yanked his arm from Yami's grip

"I know what I'm doing. Stop worrying!" Atem said, summoning the card

"No Atem..." Yami gasped, seeing as the card did its work

"Haha! Did you really think that would work? No, it won't" 'Akefia' said, nodding to 'Bakura'.

"Dark Necrofears! Attack their life points directly!" They yelled. As their life points went down. Yami fell to his knees.

"I told you Atem... I told you..." He whispered. 'Bakura' walked up to him.

"Your souls are ours" 'Bakura' said. Then extracting Yami's soul from his body. The rest of his body falling forward when his soul was gone. Atem's soul following after.

***

"No!" Marik screamed, placing his hands on his head. Malik woke up.

"What happened!?" Malik said, hugging his stressed looking lover.

"Nothing darling, nothing. Just a small vision. Nothing's wrong..." Marik said, removing his hands from his head.

"Another vision? What did you see?" Malik asked

"Atem and Yami, dueling a shadow duel with Akefia and Bakura. But Akefia and Bakura weren't themselves, they seemed possessed. However, Atem summoned a card, Yami warned him not to, and they lost. I saw their souls being extracted from their bodies." Marik explained, the explanation caused Malik to gulp.