Chapter 5

After a few days Emmett and Edward Cullen finally came back after being gone. It was strange. Before Emmett left he just glared at me like he wanted to eat me and now he tried talking to me in history. I walked with Bella to her truck and I leaned against the back of the truck reading as I listened to my music.

Out of the nowhere I heard the screeching of tires and snapped my head to see Tyler's black van skidding towards Bella's truck. I braced myself for impact when I was suddenly moved out of the way onto the ground. I let out shocked, shaky breaths as I opened my eyes seeing Emmett holding me.

After a few moments he walked away and people rushed over to me. "MALORY!" Jess cried as Mike stopped in front of me. I groaned as I held my head and Mike lifted my chin. "Hey! Hey! Look at me!" He said looking into my eyes. "I've got 911 on the phone!" I heard a girl say. Every noise became fuzzy and my vision became blurred as my head began to spin.

"I don't feel so good" I breathed before everything went black.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I took in a deep breath as my eyes opened and I looked around to see I was in hospital. I groaned a little and looked around. A doctor with blonde hair stood over me with a light. "Hello Malory. I'm Doctor Cullen" He said as he shined his light into my eyes. "What happened?" I said, my memory all fuzzy. "Well you nearly got crushed by a van but you fell out of the way hitting your head" He said as he wrote on his clipboard.

Memories of Emmett flashed through my mind. "Emmett pushed me out of the way. He saved me" I said and Carlisle stiffened slightly. "Well you're very lucky" He said. "I don't know how he got to me so fast I mean he was standing metres away" I said. "I will go and tell your family you're awake" He said before abruptly exiting.

After a few moments Danielle and Jess burst into the room. "Oh my God I'm so glad you're alright!" Danielle said as she ran to my side. "Yeah I mean you have such good reflexes" Jess said. "Yeah" I said quietly still trying to think of how Emmett got to me in time. "So it appears that Malory has a minor concussion which should pass within a matter of days, other than that her vitals and everything else seems to be fine" Doctor Cullen said.

"Ok. When will she be able to come home?" Danielle said. "She can leave now. I recommend a lot of rest and taking things easy" Doctor Cullen said and I nodded. "I will just go and sign your discharge papers ok?" Danielle said before walking out with Doctor Cullen. I sat up carefully and gently got off the bed.

Jess and I walked out of my room and to the front desk where Danielle was finishing up my papers. I heard quiet talking and turned to see Emmett and Doctor Cullen talking. Emmett turned and looked at me causing me to look away. "You girls ready to go?" Danielle said and I nodded before we began to exit the hospital. I turned and gave Emmett one last look before walking downstairs.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(THAT NIGHT)

Dream

I was back at the accident before it happened. I turned and saw Emmett standing with his family staring at me. I heard the van screeching towards and the next minute I was on the ground with Emmett leaning over me.

End of dream

I flinched as I woke up and saw Emmett standing by my window staring at me, the moonlight illuminating his face. I blinked a few times and rubbed my eyes and when they opened I saw he was gone but my window was still open. I climbed out of my bed walking over to it and looked outside seeing no one there. I closed my window before walking back over to my bed.

Either I'm hallucinating or Emmett was really in my room I thought to myself. I shook my head before lying back down. There is something very strange about the Cullen family. They all have yellow eyes, sickly pale skin and Emmett stares at me like he would take a bullet for me at any second and he got to me so fast when he pulled me out of the way.