Chapter 44

(SKIP 2 DAYS)

I smiled as I leaned up pecking Emmett's lips as he leaned against his Jeep. "I love you" I said as I wrapped my arms around his neck. "I love you more" Emmett replied before pecking my lips again and I giggled. Emmett suddenly snapped his head as he turned to his left and I scrunched my eyebrows. "What is it?" I said and turned to see Jacob and Embry standing by some bikes.

Emmett grabbed my hand before we approached him along with Bella and Edward. He began making his way over to us, meeting us half way. "Hey" Bella said as we stopped in front of them. "Hey Embry" I said giving him a small smile. "Hey Mal, long time no see" Embry replied causing Emmett to pull me closer to him.

"Charlie said you left town" said Jacob, bluntly as he stared at Bella. "Yeah to visit my mom, why?" Bella questioned. "He's checking to see if you're still human" Edward said with a fake smile. "Look, we're here to warn you" Jacob said. "This should be good. Spit it out mutt" Emmett spat as he glared at the two of them.

"If your kind ever come on our land again" Jacob said stepping forward, getting in Emmett's face, causing a low growl to come from Emmett. "OK first of all, get out of his face and second of all, what the hell is going on?" I said getting in between Jacob and Emmett. "You didn't tell them?" Embry spoke up, his eyebrows scrunched as he looked between Emmett and Edward.

"Just leave it alone Jacob" said Edward as he glared at the two. "Tell us what?" Bella said as she turned to Jacob. "Emmett and Paul had a misunderstanding. It's nothing to worry about" Edward explained and I turned to Emmett with a confused expression. "Listen to you. Did you lie to get her out of town too?" Jacob spat.

"You should leave. Now" Edward said as he got in Jacob's face. "They have a right to know. They're the ones the redhead wants" Jacob said and I gasped before turning to Emmett. "Victoria?!" Bella said in disbelief."Alice vision! That's what she saw! You lied to me! I-I asked you several times what was going on and you lied to me!" I snapped angrily as I looked up at him.

"Babe-""No! Don't babe me! How could you?! Victoria was in the area and you didn't even think to tell me?! You know how I feel about lying Emmett and I never thought you'd lie to me especially after last year!" I snapped angrily and he sighed. I shook my head before stalking into the school.

"Babe! Babe wait!" I heard Emmett call after me and I felt him grab my wrist stopping me. "Let go of me!" I snapped as I yanked my hand from his grip. "Mal, I'm sorry. I lied to you to protect you. If I had told you Victoria was in the area I knew you would've been stressing and scared and I didn't want you to feel like that" Emmett explained and I sighed.

"There are two things I can't stand. When people steal from me and when people lie to me. The last lie you told me was that you'd never leave me and you did. I understand you were trying to protect me but please don't lie to me again" I replied. Emmett wrapped his arms around me and I hugged him back. "I'm sorry baby" Emmett said as he held me and I sighed.

"I forgive you" I answered before looking up and pressing my lips to his.