Chapter 21

"No don't put that there!" Alice scolded Rosalie as she snatched the vase of flowers from Rosalie's hands

"No don't put that there!" Alice scolded Rosalie as she snatched the vase of flowers from Rosalie's hands. I was stood beside Emmett who was wearing black dress pants, black vest and a dark grey shirt with the sleeved rolled up to his elbows. I was wearing a pleated black strapless dress that went to my mid thigh which Alice had lent me and some black strap heels with my hair down and straight.

The whole room was filled with candles and roses. Alice was running around making sure everything was perfect. Emmett wrapped his arm around my waist as we stood beside Rosalie and Damon. "You look beautiful by the way" Emmett said and I blushed. "Ok everything is perfect. I'm going to go get Bella!" Alice said happily before skipping up the stairs.

Alice soon appeared at the top of the stairs with Bella and Edward. Bella looked around and smiled at us before Alice dragged her down the stairs excitedly, Bella nearly falling from the last few stairs. "Sorry about this. We tried to rein Alice in" Carlisle apologised as he and Esme approached Bella.

"As if that were even possible. Happy birthday Bella!" Esme said before wrapping Bella in a hug as Emmett gently pulled me towards the bottom stairs where we stood beside Edward. "Thanks" Bella said as a flash went off. She pulled away from Esme and we turned to see Alice holding a camera. "I...found it in your bag. You mind?" Alice said and I shook my head slightly as I smiled.

"Dating an older woman. Hot" Emmett said to Edward and I covered my mouth as I giggled at Edwards face. "What?" Emmett said confused and my laughter died down. "You're adorable babe" I said as I looked up at him. "You first Rosalie and Damon" Alice said handing Rosalie's gift to her and Rosalie handed it to Bella.

"It's a necklace. Alice picked it out" Rosalie said bluntly. "Thanks" Bella said awkwardly as she took the box from Rosalie. Alice dragged Edward from beside Emmett and I next to Bella. "Show me the love" She said before taking a photo of the both of them. "Alright, Malory you next" Alice said handing me my gift for Bella.

I smiled before hugging Bella. "Happy birthday Bells" I said before pulling away. "It's perfume" I said as I handed her my present. "Thanks Mal" Bella said smiling at me. "No problem" I replied as Emmett wrapped his arm around my waist. "This one's from Emmett" Alice said as she handed Bella a box and Emmett smiled form beside me.

Bella shook the box and a confuse expression crossed her face as she turned to him. "Already installed it in your truck. Finally a decent sound system for that piece of cra-""Hey! Don't-Don't hate the truck" Bella said causing everyone to chuckle. "Open Esme and Carlisle's" Alice said as she handed Bella an envelope.

"Just a little something to brighten your day" Carlisle said. "Yes. You've been looking a little pale lately" Esme said with a warm smile and I chuckled. Bella went to open the envelope when "Ow. Paper cut" Bella said as she held her finger that was bleeding from the small cut. What happened next was almost like slow motion.

Edward pushed Bella behind him causing her to fly into the table breaking the vases as Jasper launched forward from his spot by the piano and began to run to Bella. Edward pushed Jasper so hard he flew across the room landing on the piano, smashing it to pieces. Within seconds Emmett had disappeared from beside me as he, Damon and Carlisle tried to restrain Jasper.

Emmett, Damon and Carlisle managed to restrain Jasper as he growled. "Jas, Jas shhh, shhh, it's ok, it's just a little...blood" Alice said before we all turned to see Bella severely bleeding from her now cut up arm. I covered my mouth in shock at all the blood that was down her arm. "Get Jasper out of here" Carlisle said to Damon and Emmett before he suddenly appeared by Bellas side.

He grabbed her arm looking at it before holding his bloodied hand up as he looked at everyone. Emmett and Damon dragged Jasper outside. "I'm sorry, I can't" Alice whimpered before following the others. "Malory" Esme said softly as she wrapped her arm around my shoulders before guiding me to the kitchen.

I sat on the stool still in shock as Esme handed me a glass of water. "Thanks" I said quietly. "I'm sorry about that Malory. Jasper still isn't used to being around humans, I've never seen him that bad though" Esme said as she sat beside me. "He can't help it Esme" I said reassuring her. I heard footsteps approaching and turned to see Emmett walking into the kitchen.

I rose from my seat and walked into his open arms. "Are you ok?" He said as he examined me and I nodded. "I'm fine" I replied and he nodded before wrapping his arms around me again. "Is Jasper...ok?" I said and he sighed. "Yeah, he's calmed down. Edward's out there talking to him" Emmett replied and I nodded.

"He must feel terrible" I said and Emmett nodded. "I should get you home" Emmett said and I nodded. "I'll see you later Esme" I said hugging her. "Ok Malory. Thank you for coming tonight and I'm sorry for how things turned out" Esme said as she rubbed my back. We pulled away and Emmett took my hand in his before we made our way out of the house.

I climbed into Emmett's jeep and he pulled out of the driveway before driving off. The car ride home was silent as we drove. Emmett reached over placing his cool hand on my thigh stroking it with his thumb. "You sure you're ok babe?" Emmett said and I nodded. "Yeah just...last time I saw a vampire like that was the night in the ballet studio" I said and Emmett gently squeezed my thigh.

We soon arrived home and I climbed out of the car as Emmett did the same. "I'll be up there in a little bit ok?" Emmett said as he wrapped his arm loosely around my waist and I nodded. He pecked my lips before I walked to the front door and he drove away. I walked into the house and saw Danielle sitting in the living room watching the TV.

"Hey Malory, how was your night?" Danielle asked as she muted the TV. "Uhh yeah it was good. I'm really tired so I'm going to bed. Night" I said. "Goodnight" Danielle replied before I began making my way upstairs to my room. I shut my door behind me and sighed before unzipping my dress letting it fall to the ground.

I took off my shoes and changed into a tank top and some pyjama pants. I threw my hair into a messy bun before turning my light off. I walked over to my window and unlocked it before crawling into bed. After a few moments I felt my bed dip and rolled over to see Emmett. I snuggled into his chest as he draped his arm around my waist.

I let out a yawn as Emmett pecked my forehead. "Night Emmett" I said tiredly. "Night babe" He replied before I drifted off to sleep.