Chapter 22

** Julian's POV **

I kicked the door shut and put the box of Danny's stuff on my counter. My conversation with Kristene was really beginning to bother me. She actually quit. I knew that it would be tough for them to see each other with the way things ended, but I never thought it would push Kristene to the point of quitting her dream job.

My heart broke for Danny. This could push Kristene anywhere. She'd always been one to want to travel the world, and this was her opportunity. Danny was driving himself nuts with how he treated her... With how he froze up when he went to talk to her. The guy was one of the most adoring guys I knew, and I still questioned how he'd managed to do what he did to a girl as sweet at Kristene.

Vicki's secret knock on my front door pulled me out of my thoughts. I moved toward the door and pulled it open, revealing my girl standing there with a big white paper bag in her hand. "Hey Jules," she said as she got on her tiptoes and placed a kiss on my cheek. "How are you?"

Before she could fully walk into my apartment, I wrapped and arm around her waist and pulled her in-- keeping her close to my body. I nudged the door shut and looked into those beautiful blue eyes. "You missed," I playfully pouted down at her.

She playfully rolled her eyes and kissed my lips softly. "Is that better, you big baby," she asked, her wonderful smile covering her face.

I let go of her and let out a small sigh. "Well, I suppose it's okay," I said with a smile of my own. "But only this time. I deserve a lot more than just a peck on the lips, baby." I told her, only half whining this time. "Now what's in you got in that bag? I said that I would make dinner!"

Vicki rolled her eyes and walked further into my place, plopping down on the couch. She pulled her feet up and smiled at me. "You wanna see what I got? I was walking past the store and I thought of you... There was no way that I could pass this up," she said as she held the white paper bag out to me.

It was now my turn to roll my eyes at her as I sat down and grabbed the bag from her. It wasn't too heavy, but it was much heavier than I thought. I gave her a look as I uncurled the top of the bag and opened it. "You did not," I said, a big smile on my face. I reached into grab one of the five cookies. "Where did you find squirrel cookies, baby?"

She giggled and shrugged. "I don't remember the name of it... But it's the place that's literally right down the street," she replied. "I couldn't help but get you some. I know it isn't in your diet... But I figured you could freeze them and have them after the season is over. There were some fox ones, too... Ya know, for Dola... But I figured I'd get some for you and see if they're any good."

I took a bite of the one in my hand. "Shit, baby! This is so good! Ugh! I love you," I told her as I put the cookie to the side and leaned in to smash my lips against hers.

She pulled away, pushed the bag to the side and looked me directly in the eye. "I love you, too, Jules," she said as she grabbed ahold of my wrist and directed the cookie to her mouth. She took a big bite off and chewed slowly. Once she swallowed, a big smile made its way onto her face. "Why don't you put that cookie down and we go to your bedroom?" She asked seductively.

How could I not listen to that? I'd been dying to have her under me all day. I quickly moved so I could throw her over my shoulder and carry her into my bedroom. When we got there, I let her down and yanked my briefs and shorts down in one quick movement, letting my length spring free. My knees went weak at the view of her pulling her hoodie over her head, revealing her beautiful breasts.

"Ugh... Baby," I grumbled as I nearly pounced on her. My large hands moved down to her waist and pushed her up the bed, yet yanking her sweats and panties down at the same time. "I've been waiting for you all day," I mumbled as I placed soft kisses on her jawline.

I'd been waiting for this moment for a whole 48 hours. After Danny came back to the locker room on Sunday, he was crushed... So despite my performance, and Vicki wanting to celebrate-- I just couldn't get in the mood.

Fuck... Danny... Kristene...

I let out a sigh and rolled off of Vicki, grasping my hair in my hands as I closed my eyes. "I-I can't... Not right now," I mumbled guiltily. "I'm so sorry." I said as tears began to surface in my eyes.

"W-What's wrong, Julian," Vicki asked, one hand placed on my thigh, the other on my bicep. I looked up and met her blue eyes. My tears broke their barriers and ran down my face. "Oh Julian! What's wrong? D-Did I do something," she asked, fright evident in her voice.

I shook my head. "N-No... Have... Have you talked to Kristene at all today," I asked shakily. I felt beyond terrible. If Kristene didn't tell her... I'd be the one breaking the news. Fuck.

"No... I was stuck in meetings all day! What's wrong, Julian?! You're scaring me!" She said as she gripped my bicep a little tighter. He blue eyes were full of worry.

"Y-You know how I stopped at Kris' to get Dola's stuff and give her her stuff? I-I... Her and I sat down and talked a bit," I mumbled as I shook my head. My heart was beginning to race, and I felt like I could throw up. Vicki nodded. "She... She said she quit today."

Vicki's jaw dropped. "She what? Did... Did she say why," she asked, shock now swimming her voice. "Does it have to do with Danny? Or... Or?"

Tears continued to fall down my face. "Danny still loves her and she's just going to up and leave," I mumbled as I shook my head.

"She said that," she almost shouted with wide eyes.

"I-I don't know where she's going... But she loves traveling... Think about it, baby... I should have never told him to talk to her," I mumbled as I put my hands over my eyes.

Sorry guys, I feel like this chapter was kinda lame...