[20]

[Y/n POV]

After a long drive back to Busan, Jin was following me to see my mother. I was sitting at the passenger seat, looking outside as the building passes by. I felt nervous to meet my own mother who I left long ago.

"It's going to be okay, Y/n." Jin placed his hand above mine, holds me tightly.

I smiled at him and he smiled back. Soon once we arrived at my old house, Jin parked the car outside. I got off from the car, looking at the old house that I once lived, looked rather lonely and quiet. It was a quiet neighborhood. After Jin got out from his car, he followed me to the door.

"Ready?" He asked and I nodded.

I rang the doorbell, as I can hear the sound from the outside. I heard a lady's voice inside. Slowly the front door was open.

"I'm sorry, I was at the kitch-" there she was my mother on her apron.

"Y/n?" She looked at me in shock.

"It's me, mom. I'm back." I gave her a nervous smile.

"My dear!" She pulls me into a hug and cries on my shoulder.

"I'm so sorry! I'm a terrible mother!" She exclaimed, hugging me tightly.

"Mom, it's okay." I hugged her back, trying to comfort her.

I tried to avoid crying today. She invited us in, we sat down at the living room. The nostalgic feeling began to suck in, as I felt anxious. 

"Here." my mother puts down the cup of coffee on the table for me and Jin.

"Thank you." Jin thanked her as she smiles back.

We drank our coffee but we remained silent. I was unsure.

"Y/n.." my mother calls out my name, making me jumped.

"I guess, you are still the same." she smiles at me.

"Mom, I.." I was at lost of words.

"You don't need to say anything, It's mainly my fault everything happened," she said, looking down on her thumbs.

I felt sad looking at her like that, struggling on her own.

"Umm, mom.. Meet my boyfriend, Kim Seokjin." I said.

"Nice to meet you, Mrs. Young." He bowed.

"Ah yes, the famous accountant from Bangtan Enterprise. It's nice to meet you too." she bowed back.

"So.. I know you came back to ask for questions." She said and I nervously nod.

"Honestly, I was filled in..." I said lowly.

"By Jin I supposed." She smiles at Jin.

"Huh? You know about Jin?" I looked at both of them.

"Y/n, we're a part of a gang, of course, we should know other groups as well. I know Jin's through your father, and I know Mr. Yoongi who is the current leader too." She answered making me dumbfounded.

"Wow, there are so many things you haven't told me back then." I scoffed.

"It's not my intention for not telling you, Y/n. This information is too heavy for you and even your father did not want you to continue his work. The reasoning of why we choose not to tell you anything." She replied with sincerity.

"You would be targeted your whole life." She grabs my hand, rubs the top of my hand.

"Since Jin had filled you in most of the part, is there anything else you would like to know?"