~|:|Chapter 4|:|~

>>Time Skip: The next morning in class<<

(Midoriya's POV)

Midoriya gazed out the window, looking down at the long drop to the ground. He tore his gaze away and stared down at his arms, now wrapped in a new layer of gauze. He could feel the cuts throbbing, reminding him of what he'd become.

"Midoriya." He looked up to see Todoroki standing in front of his desk, his heterochromatic eyes burning into Midoriya's. "Are you okay?"

"Huh? Oh! I'm fine!" A wide smile crossed his face and he managed a weak chuckle. It felt incredibly fake to him, but Todoroki seemed to have bought it.

"Okay, well that's good. What all do you want to do this weekend?" Todoroki pulled over a chair and sat down next to him, their shoulders lightly brushing. 

Midoriya's face instantly flushed pink, leaving him flustered. "O-oh, uh, I-I'm good with whatever you w-want to do, heh."

"Hmm, okay. Do you want to watch some movies then?" Midoriya looked over at him, imagining spending the weekend watching movies with him- alone.

Gah, stop it, Midoriya! 

"Yeah, sure!" Midoriya looked up as Aizawa entered the room, silencing everyone. Todoroki rushed off to his own spot at the back of the room, leaving Midoriya alone.

"So the project will be due on Monday, so I suggest you get together over the weekend. Other than that, there's not much to talk about today, so just start working." 

>>Time Skip: After school<<

(Todoroki's POV)

Todoroki sighed as he pushed open the front door, entering the house. Endeavor sat at the kitchen table, waiting. 

"We're training tonight. You've missed out on the last few times, so you need to make it up to me." 

"Actually, I'm going to a friends' house to work on a project." Todoroki walked off toward his room, knowing he'd pay the consequences for disobeying his father. He could hear his heavy footsteps behind him, closing the distance.

A large hand grabbed the collar of Todoroki's shirt, yanking him backward. He gasped as he was thrown into the ground, knocking his breath out of him. Todoroki glared up at his father, his gaze cold.

He was used to this and knew not to speak up. That would only make things worse. So instead, he just had to wait it out. This continued for a few minutes, his dad just yelling insults and kicking him, throwing him against the wall. 

Todoroki remained on the ground, coughing as his father stormed off, deciding he'd had enough. After a few minutes, he got to his feet and started to pack his bag. 

(A/N: Agh that felt so choppy to me, but I need to write lol)

>>Time Skip: 5:30 pm (Half an hour later)<<

{Midoriya's POV}

Midoriya smiled as he walked over to Uraraka and Tsuyu. They were the first ones there, though Mina turned up shortly later. Midoriya couldn't help but feel slightly disappointed that Todoroki hadn't shown up yet. The four of them went inside the cafe and got a booth, still waiting for the other boy. 

Finally, the bell rang as the door opened, revealing an exhausted-looking Todoroki. He walked over with a slight limp in his step. 

"Sorry I'm late," He said, sitting down next to Midoriya. He could feel his face growing hot and looked down at the table.