~|:|Chapter 27|:|~

"Has anybody ever told you how beautiful you are?"

Midoriya looked up from his katsudon, his face a deep shade of red. Todoroki smirked, amused by the smaller boys reaction.

"W-what?" Midoriya stammered as his chopsticks fell from his hand, clattering to the table.

"I mean, you're the most beautiful person I know." 

Midoriya looked down at his scarred hands neatly folded in his lap. He let out a shuddering sigh before responding. "No, I'm not." His voice was barely above a whisper, his large green eyes swimming with tears for the second time that night.

Todoroki quietly reached across the table, placing his hand on the side of Midoriya's face. He carefully tilted the other boys head to meet his eyes, offering a small smile.

"But you are. Everything about you is beautiful, even if you can't see it. I love everything about you. Your eyes, your messy green hair, your bright smile, each one of your freckles, your scars, everything. They make up who you are, and I wish you could see what I see." 

Midoriya's face flushed an even darker shade of red, illuminated by the candle in the center of the table. 

"T-thank you, Sho," He managed, his voice still quiet as he processed Todoroki's words.

 Within five minutes, everything was back to normal. The two boys were just talking about anything that came up, genuinely enjoying the night and each others company. 

Once they finished their meals and got dessert, Todoroki paid the bill and led Midoriya back to the car. 

"That was amazing, Sho! Thank you so much for bringing me!" Midoriya said, closing his eyes and offering a wide grin. Todoroki smiled, his heart fluttering in his chest. 

"There's no one I'd rather spend my night with," He responded, turning his attention back to the road so that they wouldn't, y'know, die and all that.

The two boys fell silent as they drove on into the night, eventually leaving the city behind them as an ensemble of bright lights on the horizon, distant memories of all they ever knew.

(A/N: Sorry this chapter was so short, I have no motivation and I just needed to get something out. Hope you at least enjoyed it! Also, I have nooo idea how to end this story or when I'm gonna end it ;w;)