Part 26

I know of no greater happiness than to be with you all the time, without interruption, without end. -Franz Kafka

Maina's POV

We finally arrived at the estate where Farha stayed in Uludag. It was a long drive and i felt very tired.

"Phew, that was a long drive."

No answer. Her face averted to the window outside of the car.

"So am i going to see you in the evening? "

No answer. She shifted in her seat and closed her eyes.

Okay fine. She didn't want to talk to me. She was ignoring me. Her silence was killing me!

Then I looked at her, curled in the passenger seat. "it's still morning and i know you're tired. You don't have to go out today. I'll just fetch you tomorrow at nine."

Stilll no answer.

Dammit! She was getting on my nerves now. What is the matter with her? Did i say or do something wrong to her?

"Farha" i said firmly, in a very authoritative voice.

No answer.

I looked at her again. I knew she was only pretending to be asleep. The thought of her being upset, disturbed me.

I parked at the parking lot. I saw her stirred before I could turn off the ignition, she took something out of her bag - a CD holder.

"Here, This is for you. I hope you're happy now. Mr. Maina Usman Dabo". She threw her words at me like stones.

"What's this? " I smiled at her.

She didn't reply me, only shot me a cold look.

"Are you okay? You look upset?"

"Open it." She said in a low voice, taut with anger.

I opened it and saw a similar disk inside. Oh-oh busted. "Whoa! Music! Thank you".

Her beautiful eyes dazzled with anger. "Don't you recognize it! Its the same documentary disk that I accidentally misplaced in your office".

I was really busted. This explained why she was so upset. She saw the disk in the car.

"Is it? Are you sure?" Deny. Deny. Deny. I pretended examining the disk, thinking of a tangible reason for what i did. "It's not".

"It is. This disk was in your car! And it's a music disk not an important documentary." She almost yelled.

"Really? Well, I didn't know that ." I shrugged my shoulders and put the disk at the backseat.

"Is that all you are going to say? You didnt know?" Her eyes glared with anger. "You threatened to put me in prison if i won't work for you because i lost a fifty thousand dollar documentary!"

"I did?"

"You know you did, stop lying" her voice was cold and lashing.

"Farha, it's late. We'll talk about this tomorrow."

"No, we have to talk about this now. You lied to me? " She almost whispered.

I felt guilty. I threatened - blackmail her to continue working for me. I lied. I feel like a beast like right now.

"I am sorry"

She shook her head, disbelievingly. "Why did you lie to me?"

"You know the reason why. I needed the smoothie".

"My smoothie... just because of that." Her lips curved in a sarcastic smile. "You know what? You are like a spoilt boy. Anything you want, you get it in just a snap of your finger. You use your money to control and manipulate people." Blackmail.

What she said hit a nerve. What! Damn!!. "If you think i lived an easy life because i was born rich, then you are wrong. I was all alone. No parents, No siblings. I struggled too".

"I bet the struggles didn't include being in a foreign country worrying where to get money to buy food or pay for the house rent and the bills."

"You are very tired and depressed, Farha." I looked at her.

She opened the passenger door. She went out and headed to thier flat's main door. I followed her. The thought of her mad at me was unbearable.

Before she could open the main door, she turned and yelled. "What kind of a man are you? I don't like you!" Her eyes were blazing with anger.

"Then you have no choice, you are struck with me" i glared back at her.

"Not anymore, Monster"

I quickly covered her mouth so that Maryam doesn't hear her shouting and come out.

"Don't you dare insult me. Do you even know how much trouble i had to go through because of you"

She pulled my hands off her mouth. "I can call you whatever i want, because i dont work for you again. I never asked for your help. I don't need your pity." She almost whispered.

"What is your problem? You should be grateful, you still have a job and a good salary."

"I would rather go back working at the restaurant than work with a manipulative jerk like you!"

"A jerk huh?"

"Yes, A rude JERK."

"Okay, lets see what this Jerk can do."

In a swift motion, i pulled her roughly and violently towards me. Then my mouth swooped down to capture hers- and gave her a punishing kiss.

***Dont Forget to Vote, Comment and Share to your Friends.***