Part 58

The most desired gift of love is not diamonds or roses or chocolate. It is focused attention."– Richard Warren

Maina's POV

The company was growing excellently and i was so happy about it. I was at Ankara attending one conference to another. The hustle is real! I missed my wife so much that i couldn't wait to be home already.

"Good evening, Mr Maina."

Mevkebe, butler kufler's wife entered the back door, holding a basket of lemons.

"Good evening." I replied and my eyes shifted to Farha was cooking on the stove attached to the counter table.

Farha looked up and my heart lurched madly.

"You're here." She said as our eyes collided.

I couldn't utter a word, i got tongue-tied. My heart leap and i felt warm and giddy. There was also nervousness and excitement...so much feelings that was hard to explain. It was like finding a missing piece of me.

I forgot how strikingly beautiful she was- standing there like a goddess with round face, piercing brown eyes, pretty Grecian nose and faintly rosy mouth. She also got very nice tan, giving her skin a sun kissed glow wearing an off shoulder short gown.

My eyes travelled down at the creamy expanse of her neck, to her smooth shoulders and stopped at her uplifted breasts. She ran into my arms and wrapped her arms around my neck. She felt so wonderful in my arms worh her soft breast pressed against my chest. I miss her so badly.

"Do i have to beg for a welcome kiss?"

She chuckled. "You don't have to beg, my love."

I swept her into my arms as I captured her mouth and kissed her hungrily. She tasted like so sweet that I could not get enough of. She responded eagerly, matching my hungry kisses, like the soldering heat that joins metals.

"Are you hungry?" She asked after releasing my sad lips, stirring the vegetables in the pan with a spatula.

It took me about five seconds before I answered a simple question.

"Yeah"

I wonder how she'd react if I'd tell her that I'm hungry for her but not for food.

"Well, this is done." She smiled and took the serving bowl that Mevkebe gave her. "What did you arrive?" She asked as i moved in front of her, with the counter table between us.

I could not wait to hold her, touch her, kiss her, hug her...and so much love making to her—So much. For heaven's sake, it has been one month.

One month that i was left hanging. I kept wondering everyday and night if she was doing okay. It was very frustrating. I missed her so badly.

"Hmm...around four"

She placed the vegetables she cooked in the bowl while Mevkebe was waiting beside her.

"Two hours ago? You should have called me."

"I did not want to bother you and i stopped to pick something documents from the company."

"Oh baby." She whispered.

Stains of scarlet appeared on her cheeks as she looked away. She put the spatula down and rested her hands on the counter.

I looked at her engagement ring as it gleamed against the light. I was glad she loves it and cherishe it alot. I've seen her wearing it in her Instagram posts.