Part 27

I dont know that I've ever felt as happy as i did that day, but then again, it was always like that when we were together. I never wanted it to end.
-Nicholas Sparks, The best of me.

Farha's POV

I gasped when Maina suddenly grabbed my arm and pulled me roughly towards him.

"What the hell are you do...." My words were lost when he dipped down his head and covered my mouth with a fierce kiss.

Oh my God!

I was shocked. My whole body froze bit my heart was flapping like a gold fish that jumped out of a fish bowl.

I couldn't believe that he kissed me.

My instinct was to push his chest away but he was too strong. His arms was around my waist drawing me close to the heat of his body. He kissed me with savage intensity. Oh God, no...

Maina's mouth was demanding but i was motionless. I was confused and my brain froze.

"Kiss me, Farha." He whispered in low demanding voice.

Reclaiming my lips, kissing me with demanding mastery.

"Dammit, kiss me." He voice ragging with desire.

I tried to resist him, but it was impossible. I clenched my fist, digging my nails into my palms to fight the urge to touch him.

I melted like a heated marshmallow. I was burning with desire, aching with the need of wanting to stay with him forever.

I opened my eyes slowly and saw him gazing at me. A gazed look of despair or probably disappointment began to spread over his face.

He suddenly looked ahead of my back. I decided to look back. Oh my God! It was Ali and Maryam looking flabbergasted. I froze.

"I'll pick you up at 9:00am  tomorrow." Was all he said before he spun around and went to his car.

"Wait..."

Maina was about to open his car door when i called out. He slowly turned around and looked at me.

I was standing in front of him like a lost girl. My brain began to function well again. I wanted to ask him why he kissed me. But just when i had the courage to aks him, he entered his car and droves off.

When I turned and walked back to the apartment, Ali and Maryam were still standing and watching the scene Maina created.

I walked up to them with a confused face. I knew i was in trouble, i got missing for 24hrs and I finally show up with Maina kissing me!

"Ali, i can explain..." I looked at Ali whose eye were blazing, but he stumbled out brushing me aside

"Farha why?" Maryam asked.

"Am sorry, i made you guys so worried. Maina came found me in the mountain unconscious. He told me you guys were out with a search party too."

I was expecting Maryam to be mad at me. She has every right to get mad at me. I made her worry so much. But to my suprise, she moved closer to me and hugged me tightly.

"It's okay babe. I thought something bad happened to you. I was so worried and i couldn't sleep. Ali has been out with search party till dawn."

My body jilted when i heard her call Ali. He heard all the conversations between Maina and I. What am i going to tell him? I know he is mad at me right now.

"Is Ali okay? I know he was worried." I asked.

"Yeahh he was very worried and you showing up infront of him kissing Maina gave him a shock."

"I know. Am just really confused and i don't why Maina did it. He doesn't even love me but why would he kiss me like that?"

"Who knows? Maybe he is starting to like you? But you won't leave Ali for him right?" Maryam asked with a confused face."

"I dont know how to explain to Ali?."

"He is really mad at you! Maina showed yesterday after you went missing and he had a fight with Ali."

"What??!"

I was really confused now. How am i going to explain to Ali? And why did Maina kissed me? Was i some part of his stupid act or what?

My day was really bad and full of confusion.

I wasn't able to sleep well that night. I kept on thinking about Maina. His kisses. His smell. Oh...my brain was about to explode. I was awake till dawn thinking about him.

I hated him because he lied to me about the hundred thousand dollar Documentary Disk and because he kissed me. Why? To shut me up?

And now i have no choice but endure working for him. I couldn't just resign, because i signed a contract with him.

I thought of Ali, he has been ignoring my calls and texts. I felt very sorry for him. Am sorry Ali, Am really sorry!

The following morning, I called Ali but he still wasn't picking my calls. I was really worried when Maryam finally talked with Ali. He has already went back to Istanbul. He was very upset and left without me.

At exactly 12:00am, I was suprised to see Khaleed appear on our doorstep when Maryam and i was about to leave for Istanbul.

"Maina sent me to fetch you. His Aunty unexpectedly arrived at Istanbul so he decided to join her."

He left too. He left after leaving me in an awkward situation. Oh i hate him.

"Am leaving with Maryam. I dont need an escort. Thank you!!" I said angrily and dragged my box.

"Please Farha, Maina will be upset. He is...." I interrupted Khaleed from completing his speech.

"I don't care. He should go to hell." I shouted and walked passed him. Maryam stood infront of him, eyeing him from head to toe. She scoffed and followed me.

I couldn't imagine the awkwardness between Maina and I after what happened yesterday.

We arrived at Istanbul late in the evening because the train was slow. I couldn't stop thinking about the whole incident.

Don't forget to share comment and vote ❤️