Part 52

Farha's POV

Wedding Bells🎊

Sa lalle🎉
The scent of henna could be perceived everywhere within the house. It is my henna ceremony and all the ladies are busy designing their hands and body. My friends will be arriving Nigeria today and I can't wait to see them. I squealed.

My butt was already sore from sitting so long and the henna was not drying fast. "How many more minutes?" I squeezed my face bitterly.

"Minutes? Hours remaining dear." Zahra, the henna artist said.

"Big sis. Calm down. We need you to look beautiful for Yaya(big bro)." Salma, my baby sis who just came back from school. She studies Mass communication and Journalism at Ahamadu Bello University, Zaria. She is in her second year.

"Am so tireddddd. My butt is burning and my friends will be arriving by 12 am, i want to pick them up myself." i said.

"You're a bride, you need to be patient." She advised me. I hissed and rested my head on the couch. My mum walked by greeting us and sharing some snacks and refreshments to everyone.

"Mummy help me. Am so tired." I cried out childishly.

"Lazy girl. It's for your own good. The henna is not even much." She pinched my cheeks an Everyone laughed.

"My friends will be arriving 12am. Who will pick them up?"

"Don't worry. I spoke with Maina, he will pick them up." She said.

Ohh! That's good of him. He was ready to render any help required. The cultural wedding song was played and the ladies who were through with their henna started dancing and swinging their waist. It was a sight to see. Maryam's mum was here too. She is with my mum. They're very good friends.

****

I was now in my mum's room. I washed off the henna and a rose oil was massaged into my body. It is to make the henna dark and scented. Masu bude were busy singing with their nostrils.

A familiar voice came in but I couldn't turn to see who it was because my hair was been oiled too.

"Amarya." The voice said. It was similar to that of Maryam's.

"Maryam is that you?" I asked trying to look back. "Hey, is that you?" I asked again and finally looked back. Maryam hugged me very tight and i almost lose balance. Marina and Jamima joined, she is Khalid's girlfriend.

"Gosh. You smell Nice." Marina said.

"I can't believe my eyes." I exclaimed.

"We're not alone. The guys are outside." Jamima said.

"Really? Who and who came?" I asked anxiously.

"You will see them when you go out." They said.

"Where is Maina?" Covering my hair with a woolly scarve.

"He left. He has other things to take care of. Later in the evening is the bridal shower so calm down." Maryam said.

I looked out through the parlours window and exclaimed covering my mouth. "Jaden, Yaseer, Üfük, Ghalib." I pointed at them one after the other. "Y'all came! That's so nice of you guys. Am so grateful."

"It's nothing. You mean alot more than that to us." They all said including my girls.

"Yazid will take you guys to your room and make yourselves comfortable." I patted my brother's back and they left.

"Come on girls, y'all need to get your henna done."

"Sure. Let's go in" they followed me.