Part 54

Abeeyarh ❤️Thank you for voting on all the chapters. Teśekkur Ederim❤️.

Kai Amarya 🎊(Conveyance of Bride)

We rushed back home immediately after the dinner. My mum was in a hurry to dress me up and take me to my husbands house. I don't know why they were rushing. Everyone knows I and Maina are not going to staying in Nigeria, just a few days in our house here and we're leaving. I refused to agree when Maina furnished our new house just like we were going to live in it. He showed me pictures of the beautiful furnitures and painting in the house. He really tried. I won't ask for more. He was enough!

"Mazza mazza ki tashi na daura miki dankwali(Hurry hurry, i will help you with your headtie)"my little sister mumbled. Her eyes were swollen after she cried. Seeing all my families and friends crying felt like a dream and joke to me at first. But after I caught my Daddy peeping at me with tears in his eyes looking helpless. It was down to me that i was leaving for real.

She walked into the center of the living room. She wore a golden alkyabba dotted with silver stones. "The alkyabba made her look so much like her mother." Her father thought. I walked towards her father and sat beside him.

He held her hands and smiled pitifully. "Baba ina wuni.(Good evening)" I greeted him. He started prayer for and gave me his blessings. Tears started welling up in my eyes. His hands were shaking in mine. Finally, he hugged me. "Be a good girl. Remember you have been a very good daughter to me and continue to make me proud." A sob escaped my mouth and  tears were rushing down my cheeks. "Stop crying my baby. You're in good hands now. I trust Maina will take care of you more than i did." Daddy used his handkerchief to wipe the tears off my face.

"Mutanen ango sunzo(the groom's family have arrived)."

My heart started banging very hard in my chest. I was very nervous. My mum tapped my shoulder. "Go They're waiting for you."

"Mama I don't understand. Why are you sending me alone?" My eyes wandering all over her face searching for answers.

"It's their custom. They will take you alone."

"What? Without my friends? Aunties? Sister? Huh mum you're kidding right?" I scoffed pushing the hairy lace of the alkyabba off my face.

"Am not. Just go and don't create a scene." My mum held my hands. She sniffed. I could see the sadness in her eyes. She was already stressed out and under pressure. I didn't want to add more to it.

"This is supposed to be our culture Mum. And not the Arab's. It's okay Mum. I'll go. I will miss you." I hugged her and she bursted into tears.

"Go now. Go my child." She left my arm and walked into the room. My Aunties hugged me and gave me words of encouragement.

"Come here." Maryam took me into her arms. Marina and Jamima joined in and hugged me tightly. "We'll miss you so much. Stop crying now." I cried like a little baby in their arms.

Salma held my hand and we walked out of the house. Maina's family were standing outside waiting patiently for me. His both family were present.

Granny walked up to me and smiled. "Come here my daughter and stop crying." I went it to her arms. She was the only one i was very familiar to in his family after Aunty Laila. She led me to a black benz jeep. I stopped for a while and looked back at my home. Childhood memories flooded my head.

My family were waving their hands at me. It felt like they were sending me away unwillingly.

We left in a convoy slowly. My heart was beating fast like i was being taken to the shrine like a sacrificial lamb.