Part 29

I don't believe in love at first sight, but i do believe in seeing someone at a certain place and knowing from that very moment that they were going to matter to you in the end.
- from LeonorA012

Ramadan Kareem❤️❗️

Farha's POV

Days passed by, I avoided Maina as much as possible. His presence made me angry and sad. But the kiss was amazing and made me feel weak to my knees and worse of all is that ever since that kiss i can't help but fall for him over again. I thought i was really over my stupid fantasy.

Ali has been avoiding me ever since the incident happened. I sent him emails and texts but nothing changed. I lied that Maina was just a friend and nothing more. But it was so obvious that i liked Maina.

Ali was in his final year of medical school. I was afraid he might lost concentration. The more i think about Maina, i find it hard to  understand why he kissed me. Was it because he wanted to play with my feelings?or he was in love with me? No! If he was in love with me, he would have said something or even show me some love atleast. But my presence disgusted him.

I was worried sick, Maryam was in the living room watching a movie. My phone rang...Ali was calling me. "Finally" I whispered.
Like a flash, i picked up my veil and wrapped it around my head.

"Where are you going?" Maryam asked me looking suprised.

"Ali is here" I answered without looking back at her.

I walked down the stairs hurriedly. Ali stood outside his car looking handsome but sad. I looked at his face and swallowed a heavy  saliver of guilty conscience.

"Selam Ali" i greeted him looking at my polished fingers.

"Selam Farha, How are you?" He asked looking at my face.

"Am sorry" I almost whispered.

Ali moved closer to me and held my face in his cold palms. "Am sorry too. Am sorry for getting so mad and ignoring you".

I felt a shock in my nerves. I wasn't expecting Ali to forgive me so easily. Was he up to something or he was sincerely letting everything go? I was expecting him to ask me more about Maina and relationship with him.

"But are you not?..." I couldn't complete my statement when he cut me off with his amazing words.

"I am not. I know i will face challenges like this when i fell in love with a beautiful gem like you, Farha. I will just have to secure my stand in your heart and be the lucky hubby" He smiled at me.

My mouth felt numb and motionless. I couldn't say anything. My heart sank because of Ali's word.

"A...Ali" i said in shocking voice. But he moved close to me and rested my head on his chest. He made a quacking voice behind my back, it made me laugh, like i was laughing uncontrollably now. He also joined me and we started laughing together. Tears filled my eyes and dropped down my cheeks.

Maryam came outside looking amazed and suprised.

"You guys don't seem to amaze me." She said holding her hands across her chest.

"Oh Really??" I asked grinning at her.

"So i hope everything is fine now?" She asked raising her eye brows up.