Part 48

Farha's POV

3 weeks later...

I was through with all my exams. Everything happened so fast. It was Ali's final exams in Med school. He was finally graduating. A certified Doctor. I remember when we used to plan and talk about this day. His graduation. What he will wear for the dinner party. Everything. Such is life.

I looked gracefully at the final year students and smiled. I was admiring them. One day, i will also be graduating from med school like this. Oh How happy they looked!

Marina was also graduating from the Faculty of Mass Communication. "Congratulations Sweetheart." We hugged her. "Thank you." She smiled.

"So you're leaving us behind, Marina. That's not fair." Maryam said.

"Oh come on. I am still with you guys." She smiled. "Jason is here." Her boyfriend hugged and kissed her red lips. "Congratulations my Love." he handed a beautiful bunch if flowers to her.

"Thank you." She blushed.

"How're you guys doing?"he asked.

"We're good. You're looking handsome today." Maryam winked.

"Oh what do you expect? He wants to look good for his sweetheart." I teased them. Ali walked over to me smiling. He was looking all groomed up and handsome in his white suit. His graduation gown was floating at his back.

"Hey." He greeted me.

"Hello. Congratulations." I said trying to avoid eye contact. He adjusted his collar uncomfortably.

"Thank you very much." He said. Then there was dead silence. It seemed like he wants to say something but he couldnt. Fine. If you have nothing to say, i will leave.

"Farha can you please attend my faculty's dinner party? It's just 3hours before the general dinner party. Will you come?"

I was quite and numb. Why would he invite me? Our relationship was already dead and it would be awkward if i attend. "Am sorry. I..."

"Please Farha. We have always planned this day together. I know it can't be like before but please just try and make it.Here, please come along with Maryam." He handed the invitation card to me. What he said actually touched my heart but circumstances changed.

I collected the invitation and walked away. "What did he say again?" Marina asked inquisitively. I gave her the invite and she exclaimed. "Wow. He really has guts. Does he think you will go?"

"Well. I don't see anything wrong if she goes. By the way we're going together. If he planned anything bad he would have invited you alone."

"You have always liked and supported Ali ever since. But I'm not in support of this. What will Maina say about this? And y'all know he is coming to the general dinner later."

"It's not that am trying to be bias. But the thing is Ali and Farha has always planned this together. I know they've a misunderstanding now but it's fair if she goes. Just her presence will mean something."

"What do you think?" Marina asked me looking worried.

"I don't know. Am just confused." I said reluctantly. We continued taking beautiful pictures and having fun. We had a delicious lunch at the school luncheon and everyone went home to prepare for their various faculty's dinner before the general graduation.

****
"Wear that pink lipstick, it suits you and your outfit." Maryam said putting some kohl on Marina's eyes.

"Gently. You know am scared of kohl." Marina was moving her eyes indistinctively. They looked so beautiful and amazing. They were always arguing. I love them so much. I heaved a long sigh and turned over in my bed.