Part 43

"Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage."

Maina's POV

Seriously I didn't know after talking with Aunt Laila and getting really emotional around her will change her mind. She loves me so much. Back when i was in school and university she always stood by my side even if i was wrong. She loves anything i love. Why won't she love a girl like Farha? She was just trying to be a racist, that's all. Happy❗️very happy❗️

Now i need to travel to Nigeria. My family have been wanting to see me and my grandma was getting worried. She misses her only grandson. It's been Five years now and i was still not over my bad memories in Nigeria. I need to be strong to face whatever challenges awaiting me in Nigeria. Yes i need to be Strong.

Kano, Nigeria.
11:45am

We arrived at Aminu Kano International Airport late in the Morning. Descending down from the plane I couldn't think of anything except being embraced in the arms of my family. Though Aunty Laila had few families living in Kano,Nigeria she decided to follow him and stand by his side as his mother. I held sleeping Fouad on my shoulders and patted his back while we waited for my family members.
He has been away from home now for more than Five years and their only means of communication was through the phone and internet.

A jet black Benz parked in front of the waiting line and Abbas walked up to them. Abbas is Khalid's brother meaning he is his cousin. Releasing him from the warm hug, he took sleeping Foaud and they drove away.

He finally relaxed after entering the car, he rested his head on the seat and closed his eyes. This is it. He was back and there was no escape route. Aunt Laila could see the nervousness written all over his face. She held his hand warmly and smiled at him. "Everything is going to be alright." She said in Arabic. Yes, that was their only means of communication anytime they got back to Nigeria and when she was trying to keep their conversations private.

After 45 minutes drive we arrived our mansion, Sokoto road. I stared at it for a while wondering how everything change within the past years. "Come on, Let's go in." Abbas said leading the way.

As i stepped into the house, i was welcomed with several hugs and kisses. My Uncle,Aunties,Cousins,Neighbors were all chanting "Maina ya dawo( Maina is back)". Then there was silence when an old beautiful woman with a pair of brown eyes that took all his troubles away smiled at him.

"Are you not going to greet your Granny?" Was all she said before he scooped her into his arms and started crying.

"Oh my poor boy. I've missed you so much."

"Granny nadawo yanzu, kada ki damu (Granny am back now, don't worry)." He said patting her back slowly.

"My Young billionaire." Uncle Abubakar, my father's younger brother laughed as he hugged and greeted me. He used to strict and scary, when we were young so he nicknamed Uncle 'ba wasa'. Now he was a jovial man.

The greetings continued from people inside and outside the house. A family prayer was held to welcome him back. Aunty Laila was busy gisting and cracking jokes with the ladies in the house. Fouad who was already awake had little friends to play with

As i entered my room, i smelled roses and amber incense all over. He remembered rose and amber were his mother's favorite incense flavor. After praying, resting and having dinner, it was late. He strolled around the balcony purposely avoiding his late father's room.

"Salam alaikum." I greeted as i went into my granny's room. "Walaikum Salam my love." His granny's answered removing her glasses and closing the book she was reading. She was a bookworm and lectured in several universities. I glanced at the book she was reading. 'The guiness book of record'.