five

The pairs started seating beside each other. Those who didn't know personally their partners asked one by one.

I was about to stand up so that I can sit beside Junkyu but he stood up just before I could.

He sat beside me and in the corner of my eye, I can see that he's looking at me.

"You two know each other?" Junkyu asked, looking at me.

"Who?" I thought about it for a moment. Ah, I think he's talking about Hyunsuk. "Not really." I scoffed.

"Is that so?" He said, touching his chin. "Do you have a boyfriend?"

I nearly slipped my elbow in the desk as he said that. I mean, why would he ask that when we just met today?

"Why do you ask?"

"Nothing! I just want to see your reaction, that's all." He giggled.

I grit my teeth. Is he making fun of me? It's not funny at all.

"Do you want me to tell you a story?" He asked. I just nodded. "There was this time when we were in the library. I told my hot classmate how I felt. Turned out she felt the same way."

Okay... how am I suppose to react to that? It was so random.

"What happened next?" I replied.

"I turned on the air conditioning."

There was a moment of silence. I thought of it again 'cause I didn't understand it fully. But after a few seconds, it sinked in. I swear I want to punch a person right now. And that person... is beside me.

I looked at him and he was still laughing. Until he realized that his laugh was so loud, and he got the attention of the whole class.

He just fake coughed and pretended that nothing happened.

"So, I was saying, it's already time for recess." He changed the topic.

"Where's the cafeteria?" I asked.

"It's just near." He answered. "Go with me later. I'll tell you where."

The bell rang. It's already 10:30 am and it's recess time! I'm already hungry.

Junkyu grabbed my wrist when he stood up. He was still holding it until we reached the cafeteria. I gotta admit that it was awkward for me.

"Here's the cafeteria!" He exclaimed. He didn't even said the directions or what. We just walked fast. He seemed in a hurry. But I think it's because there are already many students inside.

I lined up and he just... left me?? I searched for him and found him sitted with some boys which I think are his friends.

After almost 15 minutes, it was already my turn. It was tiring. You can also be tired by standing for so long and it sucks.

I waited for 15 minutes just to order a plate of spaghetti. I even forgot to say that I wanted to add a drink. So great. Maybe I should just get a cup of water.

Most of the tables are already occupied but it was a relief that I found a vacant one.

I sat still. I felt quite lonely as I ate alone, but who cares?

There are only few minutes before the time and there are only few students left here. I searched for Junkyu again and it seems like they left already. That boy, really.

I already finished my food but I felt that I needed to drink water again.

It was already 11 am and as usual, the bell rang.

Suddenly, I smelled a familiar scent. It's similar to that in the train!

Oh shit, he's here.